DAYS: October 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

But we're saving 8 cents a day because the tone deaf racist who was shilling the .08 a day is now spamming the board with daily recaps that no one asks for. Why champion everyone to sign up for Peacock for only .08 a day and then proceed to spam the board with summaries that no one reads. By the way, GREAT video! And I didn't have to pay 8 cents to watch it.

• Members

The Mike/Nancy scenes came off better than I expected they would. Of course it's all rushed, but they hit some nice notes there. I was impressed that they hit on the aborted 70s story of teenage Mike questioning his sexuality. And as random as this is, one thing I do appreciate about this regime is that they make it feel like there's a world beyond Salem and that the offscreen characters have lives. Now if only the stuff we watch day-in-and-day-out could be consistently decent...

• Members

I thought it was a bit rough at the beginning. RC acting was over the top. As Mike realized Nancy had changed the scenes got better. 

Ron Carlivati is over doing the 80s redux stuff. It's like him saying see I respect the history but to me it's a crutch and just lazy writing because he can't write anything original that will entertain the audience.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I totally agree.   I love the use of history as much as the next person, but Ron uses it to make us think he is so clever and respects the shows past.  It's like a smokescreen to make his writing seem better because he CARES so much about Days history.  

I haven't finished the show yet, so it may answer my question, but why didn't Kristen just go directly to John to ask the favor?  Why go through a dying, half conscious Marlena?  Wouldn't John be more likely to do it for Kristen to save Marlena?  

• Members

Yeah, RC was playing it BIG, and the dialogue could've been a lot more subtle. But I'll take what I can get! And the guy hasn't had to act at this one-take-and-we-move-on pace in a long time. I appreciate that they brought him in.

This whole Jennifer/Gwen thing, on the other hand, has been so hilariously rushed. Was this all just to give Gwen (yet another) "redemption"? 

• Members

Honestly this entire situation is a shítshow. Putting the troll capitalizing on the recent drama aside, obviously Donna should be censured for her racist commentary if she hasn't been - let alone other unnecessary spammy or often OT posts she makes and putting aside the fact that she appeared to have been shadowbanned a year ago for bad conduct and then allowed to return. Nor do we require daily episodic synopses.

If I had my way (and I don't) she wouldn't be allowed to post. But by the same token, I also don't think openly antagonizing her daily in threads meant for monthly discussion of the soap adds anything to the board. It's sport and unnecessary. (And speaking of unnecessary posts, we don't do episodic picture spam posts in primetime threads either.) So maybe everyone can move on with their lives.

Edited by Vee

• Members

With SON now being referred to as "Donna's Blog" in many circles something needs to be done. She's not the only one that's made comments that are racist, and not the only one that gets away with it, but I don't understand why her comments and the many reports of her posts have gone by the wayside. Believe me, I know when a certain poster complained about me, because they got swift action. 

• Members

And yet, now I remember the ghost of shallotpeel from the GL Buzz Boards and the P&G boards and she was banned from both of them. And I mean this with complete sincerity, I wish her health and mental stability to be well, but she's an absolute deranged lunatic, and she needs to seek help and I hope that she receives it. Her racism is where I draw the line. And I can be a pistol. 

You can serve and mince your racism to me prepared scrambled, sunny-side up, poached, or however you want to serve it to me, but I will still call a spade a spade. 

Edited by Noel