DAYS: October 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I did notice McKinsey directed, which made me doubly shocked about the blocking of the scene I mentioned. And yes, "Jennifer's Hysteria" was toned down. I know Cady has a lot of fans, but I can't sign off on how she plays Jennifer just because Melissa Reeves is an awful human being.

• Members

Yeah, Julie is one of those characters I can't stand. Her, Maggie, and Anna - the meddling Mother Hens of Salem. God, even Satan couldn't kill her, but when Julie fell down those stairs, it was priceless. I just laughed and laughed. 

Edited by Noel

• Members

I liked that Julie a lot.  Like others have said she was a take charge business women that looked like she had traveled the World on cruises and was used to the finer things, but also had a caring heart.  I actually enjoyed her flirtation with Victor and didn't really miss Doug at all (although I am unsure what Bill was doing at the time to prevent him from returning)

Exactly.  There is a disconnect in her acting and actions, but also her wardrobe and overall style.  Obviously, wardrobe and styling is a problem across the board for this show.  Julie to me, though, is someone who would be glamorous in her late 70's and 80's.  I don't mind Doug/Julie living in the Horton house, but I think Jennifer is much more right for it.  Doug/Julie would care about the house, but live in a fancy penthouse/townhome in my mind. 

• Members

Well, I think the thing with Julie is that she just kinda pops up where ever or whenever she's needed for a couple of one-liners. I can't think straight right off my head, but she's been judgemental towards those of their wrong-doings (that's not bigoted or anything), but she's more than willing to be a hypocrite and defend the impalpable actions by those considered to be a part of her "in-group". 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Noel

• Members

Yeah, it's not a big problem or anything, but it doesn't seem fitting for two people who traveled the world for years and do have lots of money.

Julie has said some pretty problematic things especially some racist remarks to Gabi, which is really unnecessary because Gabi was the villian in that situation.  I feel like Julie's very valid points get very muddied when sprinkled with insensitive remarks for "comedic" value.

• Members

The only time I did laugh at one of Julie's one-liners to Bonnie was back in the early 2000s:

Julie (to Bonnie): "Well, I see the rotten little apple didn't fall very far from the twisted little tree!"

YAAAAAS! 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Noel