DAYS: October 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I loved Julie both as a romantic heroine in the 70s and a sophisticated businesswoman in the 90s. Unfortunately, she didn't last in either incarnation. When Reilly brought her back, his writing had become increasingly broad and SSH decided/was directed to play to the cheap seats. She hasn't stopped since. It's given her longevity, but it really is a shame, because SSH is best at quiet, heartfelt moments and dry, wry wit. The real Julie would size up and dismiss Leo (and Xander and Gwen and Gabi and other pebbles in her shoe) with a devastating bon mot and withering glance. But Ron doesn't write her that way. 

Nonetheless, I am always happy to see her on screen, just as I am Maggie and Marlena.

• Members

At the end of yesterday, Mike & Nancy were left standing, just staring at each other. Now Mike says, to Nancy: I'm here for Jennifer. I really don't have time for old enemies.

(I'm going to need a refresher from someone about history between Mike, Nancy & Craig! Was this about competition for the head of the hospital?)

Jack: I've got everything packed, all our luggage & our tablets, etc. Do you want to check it over to see if I have everything?

Jenn: Why?

Jack: I want to go with you.

Jenn: No, I don't want you to. I'll be busy with things I have to start to work on. You'll have to find something to do. Let's just keep it like this.

Jack is taken aback. But: Alright, if that's the way you want to do it.

Today's cast: Nancy, Mike, Jack, Jenn, Brady, Rachel, Chloe, John, Marlena, Rex, Kristen, Leo, Craig, Gwen, Julie & Doug offstage.

I'd like to just say that this sums up my feelings almost to a tee about Julie. Possibly a little more sentimental from me since I began watching DOOL with a massive teen fangrrl's crush on Julie. I've such a pro-Julie bias that I always am glad to see her, even though, no, of course, I don't enjoy seeing her as a shrew! The last good Julie we had, if you ask me, was the close familial love conversation with Jennifer Rose last week. At least there was one good scene for last week!

DOOL Wed., 10-5-22 cont'd.

Brady comes in where ever it is that he & Chloe cohabitate, with Rachel, who surely did seem like a brat today. Chloe has high tea ready. Rachel doesn't want to take tea with Chloe there!

John tells Rex that Doc is losing her appetite & he's gonna get her a milk shake. (I am thinking more & more about Covid-19 with this story's details. With Covid people lose their appetite.) John then goes on to tell Rex that he & Steve are going to try to find the rare orchid. Rex tells him to cancel his flight because the rare orchid does not exist anymore.

Marlena can barely keep her eyes open & Kristen slips into her room, quietly. Marlena is startled. Of all things Kristen says she is there to ask Marlena for a favor. She wants her to use her influence with John to get Kristen a chance to see Rachel.

If Marlena could keep her eyes open, they might widen at the thought of Kristen wanting this kind & level of favor of her!!! To make her reply she goes over what the judge decided about full custody of Rachel.

Meanwhile Craig & Leo run into each other. Leo jokes that he couldn’t find a greeting card appropriate to the occasion. Craig says he thought they were right beside the gold-digger cards. They're very near the pub, so, and I am amazed at this, they go in & sit at a table together & have drinks! Craig even pays!

Back to Mike & Nancy. He says  he was at Abigail's grave & that led him to think about Clyde which led him to think about her & about Craig & Lady Macbeth. (I'm lost again.) John had blurted out in court that Marlena  might be dying. And, that in the past Roman had suffered but survived through a serum that was made from this rare orchid & now the information suggests that the orchid is no longer in existence.

Jenn tells Jack that Gwen needs him to be here in town. They tell each other that they love each other & then that they know! Mike gets Nancy's number & they agree that they might meet somewhere in NY for drinks. He heads for Jenn & they leave, headed to rehab in NY.

The last minute of show is nothing but Kristen's face, in the frame.

Edited by Tonksadora
more

• Members

Kristen and her demon spawn both need a smack

Please register in order to view this content

I’m glad that Days remembered Mike’s sexual curiosity. This is like the first time in, I don’t even know how long that history from before the 80s was referred to. 

• Members

Gosh, catching up on last week, I was so hoping we would finally be rid of one villain once and for all, with Clyde being shot. No such luck. 

Side Note: I've been noticing some near-extreme close-up shots of people lately, and I gotta say, it's a welcome throwback to soaps of yesteryear with the dramatic closeups where their faces are the entire frame of the shot (Especially since they don't exactly have lush, beautiful sets to fill the background). 

Edited by Gray Bunny