DAYS: October 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Exactly.  It was just an unnecessary extra step to add to this story.  If Kristen just approached John we could have avoided the Kristen/Marlena scenes and the Rolf/John/Rex scenes.   Since this story is shown like once a week why not cut this nonsense out?  Kristen is going to end up bargaining with John anyhow (at least I think).  I like Marlena/Kristen scenes, but it's just not the same without Eileen.  I don't need to see Marlena hacking up a lung talking to a poorly styled Kristen about some idiotic scheme to get Rachel back.  

Also, I am 99% sure it was established in 1997 that the orchid they found in the jungle was THE. LAST. ORCHID. ever in history.  I don't know why John is shocked by this news.

Fair. 

• Members

Are you talking about the actor who played Sebastian in, like, the 3rd to last year of GL? I knew him. I thought he was a nice guy, very talented & a very serious well-prepared actor. If you're talking about him I guess I'm about to have a big surprise.

And what Jack are y'all talking about? Surely not Mark Valley.

• Administrator

Just put someone on ignore and you won't have to see their posts.  Recaps are okay if you're not copy/pasting it from another source.  If Donna wants to type up a recap herself, she can.  If you don't like, just scroll down. 

• Members

The GL actor was Doug Hutchison. He had a highly publicized marriage to a much younger person, Courtney Stodden, who was only 16 at the time of the marriage (and now uses she/they pronouns). Courtney has come out claiming that Doug -- who was 51 when they married -- systematically groomed them via the internet, after Courtney took an acting class he was teaching, prior to the marriage. They divorced in 2020. Courtney has since accused Doug of emotional and physical abuse, as well. It's not a good look, to say the least.

Steve Wilder played Jack briefly, I think in 1997-98. He was the actor who replaced Mark Valley in the infamous shower-recast scene. He was convicted of abusing a 14-year-old girl and served jail time for it.

Edited by Michael

• Members

I found Steve Wilder attractive when he was on Days. I cannot even begin to see him that way now. He pursued and abused a 14-year-old girl and is a registered sex offender.

Mark Valley would've been good in almost any other Days role! He could've been Mike, or David, or Austin... He just was not Jack Deveraux, and the total shift in the writing didn't help.