Y&R September 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They showed the interior of GCAC hotel room(s) sometime this past summer, but they didn't show the lobby, the health club, etc.   Kyle paid for Diane to stay there after Phyllis kicked Diane out of the Grand Phoenix Hotel.

The GCAC rooftop "Dive Bar" (the bar with a swimming pool) still exists, I think. Pretty sure it was shown recently?

So you can't see the actual gym of the athletic club. Or the front door, lobby, bar, or restaurant? But you can see the rooftop bar and the interior of hotel rooms.

But yeah I think Devon sold the GCAC so I don't know who runs it now. But it still exists.

Speaking of the Grand Phoenix Hotel, Phyllis is selling (or sold) that hotel so she could devote her time to work at Marchetti and plot against Diane.  Lily just bought (or is buying) the Grand Phoenix from her, and said that this would be so that Chancellor-Winters could have a place to have meetings and guests.  LOL yeah I know that's ridiculous.

Abby originally decided she wanted to open "Society" as a hot trendy upscale place for people to grab drinks or an evening meal and listen to live music.  I remember her telling this original concept to Jack.  I think she wanted something for people in their 30s? maybe ages 20-40. And she hired Lola as the trendy upscale chef.  I think she felt the GCAC was too bland for her age group and Crimson Lights was just for coffee. But now Society is just a generic set for conversations.  Do they even have live music there anymore?

It seems that Noah thinks Genoa City needs a trendy nightspot so he's opening his own club soon.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The GCAC gym has nor been seen for many years but yes a room and the rooftop bar have been shown recently.

Is Noah opening his club at the Grubby Phalanx?

Seems a club is a bit limiting in that it's an evening venue and would attract a certain clientele so not that useful as a meeting place for characters.

Underground had the same issues- Victor wasn't going to bump into Jack there.

Faith could have been written off once Alyvia departed. Trauma of all she went through, wanted a fresh start at a boarding school.

Instead they aged her with Reylynn and gave her scraps before dropping her.

• Members

9-6

If I didn't know better, I would think they were going to use this Kyle/Summer vow renewal to expose Phyllis, Nikki, and Ashley for going after Diana. Or am I hoping too much? Hmmm...at least Summer and Jack and Kyle are slowly suspecting.

I like TempImani. She has an old school Bell character vibe to her. 

But that said...there is so much mileage they can still get out of Devon vs Nate. The potential for it to get messy continues to show. More than I can say about another round of Nick vs Adam over Sally though I'm intrigued by Nick/Sally.

WOW. Faith is old enough to GO to college. I have no words.

• Members

Well unless that mandate was recent, Griffith decided to recast and age up Faith and introduce Moses.

Faith could have easily have been kept roughly the same age and just appeared from time to time, instead of serving up something to viewers that they weren't going to follow through.

With lack of sets painfully obvious, it seems pointless to introduce any new characters that might require specific sets eg a teen hangout.

I think that with some clever writing and creative production, the lack of suitable sets could be worked around, but Griffith seems to be happy to serve up endless business meetings at Society  and characters fetching a coffee at Crimson Lights.

• Members

It is the age old casualty dilemma - Do they tell fewer teen stories because less than 10% of their 3.5 million viewers are teens? (or) Is less than 10% of the audience between 18-25 because they tell fewer teen stories?

Personally, I don't care for teen angst, but I would enjoy more early career stories rather than all of these nepo-babies and gold diggers where there is no conflict whether or not their businesses succeed because they'll just build a new one when inspiration strikes.  

I want economic diversity and striving in soaps, rather than just more young rich kids (not that those are the only options, although it seems to be in Genoa City).  Currently most characters are either millionaires, married to millionaires, or have kids by millionaires.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Two years now come November lol.

There’s literally no one else in her age group besides Adam. She had that brief fling with Theo but obviously that was dropped with the show abruptly dropping him. I’m surprised she has yet to go after either Kyle and/or Chance. Instead we’ve seen her get paired with 60-something Jack and now a 49 year old Nick. 

And Sally is actually the fourth woman Nick and Adam have shared, but the fourth one is actually best to be forgotten

Please register in order to view this content