Y&R September 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LOL.

Two things that boggle my my mind:

1) Last year Faith was only supposed to be 14/15 (or roughly AAL’s real age) as it was said Faith was the same age as Cassie when she died during her brief underage drinking story with bullies and friends that we barely, if ever saw. Now a year later she’s off to college? Doesn’t make any sense at all and missed out on the teen stories that Colleen, Lily, and even Summer got back in the day. 

2) Faith talked about how excited she was to be going to college with Moses, yet there has not been a single mention from either Lily, Devon, and/or Nate. I know I know I shouldn’t be surprised but it would be a nice family moment if they all gave a pep talk to Moses about how proud Neil would be while Moses tells Nate & Devon to behave while he’s away or something. Instead, nothing. Nothing at all. Shameful.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

I think it has more to do with the fact that soaps have lost their young audiences. Teens/College students used to watch soaps during breaks/summer. That's no longer the case. Soaps are far too vanilla to write edgy stories that would intrigue younger viewers anyway. Plus, the end goal for teens hasn't changed in 780 years of soaps:i getting married by 21 and babies, etc. Lily's the perfect example of this.

Might as well bring them back after college, medical or law school and start them as younger adults.

• Members

Griffith seems to write this show like a weekly series instead of a serial drama. Why does everyone have the same conversations? Chloe has been advising both Sally and Chelsea to stay away from Adam for the last several weeks now. 

Is this Faith and Moses swan song for sure? Or will they trot them back out for Christmas? 

• Members

I have watched Y&R since god knows how long but I’m over Chloe and Billy’s characters.

it doesn’t matter if I watch an episode from 2013/2014/2018/2020 or from 9/7|22

Always the same dialogue and obsession of them because of Adam or Billy Boy/Jack.

It’s tiresome after over 2500 episodes to listen to the same set of characters talking about the same damn thing in nearly every epidode they are in. Gimme a break! 

• Members

This show feels like one long, laborious epilogue to 40+ years of Y&R. After all the drama of Genoa City has died down, what are the characters up to? Idk they spend hours talking about their jobs. They have zoom calls! Kids go to college!