Y&R September 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yep. Nate's actions are purely plot-driven.  Not character-driven because he has no character!

I really enjoyed getting into the classic episodes that aired during the 2020 covid break, and then finding links from here to other old episodes.  The character of Nathan (Nate's father) had good and bad in him.  It would be so easy to write Nate as having some of Nathan's characteristics (even though Nate was partially raised by his stepfather Malcolm). 
It's right there!  But Griffith doesn't care to bother. 

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

ParamountPlus (and its predecessor CBS-All-Access) keeps ONLY the current season of Y&R up on their site.  That's been the pattern for the past several years ever since CBSAllAccess began.

So if you're behind in watching Y&R and want to get caught up, and aren't bored/annoyed and really want to see it all...
Get caught up now.  The current season (Season 49) ends Thursday Sept 29, 2022.
Then they will delete all of Season 49. (Except for the last few episodes of Season 49 which would remain online for only a few days and then get deleted as well.)

I don't why they chose this date, but they are debuting Season 50 of Y&R on Friday Sept 30 and soon it will be the only Y&R you can watch on Paramount Plus.

All I can say is that this is what they did with Y&R every September.  Don't know if that's the plan this year, but it probably is. So catch up now if you want to.

Of course I hope that I'm proven wrong!  I'd prefer that they left stuff online.

(B&B is different. They leave their stuff up for years on Paramount Plus.)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I loved Sally for standing up for herself against Adam and telling him how he is disrespecting her person and her wishes.

I really felt this. I get Adam here to be honest. But Sally is right. Adam has to respect her wishes of being left alone. 

Great dialogue all around in this episode from 9/19… Adam even questioned Nick and if this was somewhat like payback after leaving the family company even though they were getting along pretty well lately.

The new Summer has really grown on me. She feels like Noelle‘s Hope when she came to B&B

Diane/Phyllis plot and bickering was boring. But Jack finally calling some shots was great.

• Members

I really start to like the Imani replacement. Wish she would stick around tbh.

Nick and his moral compass again. We act like he never did anything wrong lol 

What is it with Joshua Morrow and being on air 5 days a week? Is it in his contract to appear in 240 out of the 255 in a year? I love Joshua/Nick but I have to say that he’s quiet overused

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

9-14

That was pretty good. It focused on everything that I wanted to see...and one thing that I was surprised that I cared about. All it was missing was Diana. lol. But perhaps it was because it appeared things were moving.

I knew it was coming. And that bed was looking empty for tooooo long for Nick so I am not at all surprised he and Sally got it on. I thought they laid the bonding scenes the last few days on a little thick, but I thought the acting throughout was good. And that hand touching was lame, but...then it grew and that chemistry popped. And then Adam came to the door. Looooord. And that dinner with him and them? This is going to be messy. 

Devon vs Nate DID explode a bit. And I loved they touched on just about EVERYTHING. Neither are saints so it was evenly matched. And they ALMOST came to blows...which they really should have. Loved Nate called Devon out on him sucker punching him as much as I liked Devon saying it was all about Nate no longer being able to do surgery. And then poor Lily still stuck in the middle. And that last shot of Nate with TempImani coming around the corner....oooo.

What surprised me was the Victor/Jack scene. Or more the aftermath with Victor and the punching bag. Awww at him actually being sad that Adam is under Jack's wing. Father pain...who knew? 

• Members

9/20 was great. I loved Nikki in LA and the old flashbacks of her with Deacon tied into the story. Great stuff. 
There was this theory that Adam didn’t hit Delia that night and it might’ve been Nikki. But what if Nikki was hanging around drunk with Deacon and Deacon was driving and he hit Delia ? That would be such an amazing twist lol 

I was so excited to have Diane back on the show. But now where she is settled back in I just don’t care for her character anymore. Phyllis character the same. I usually love Phyllis but she became so boring. I only liked Summer/Kyle telling them that it doesn’t matter who does what and stuff that they both will be out

Edited by AMCOLTLLover