Y&R September 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

9/22/ 

Phyllis is getting on my last nerves. I’m really fed up with her character. I was quiet satisfied that Diane got some sort of payback with her resignation coz she remembered what Kyle/Summer told them. It doesn’t matter what Phyllis does or Diane both will be fired. Phyllis brought this on herself.

and Phyllis self talking annoys the hell out of me. I don’t remember her being that annoying in the past. She is so obsessed by now with Diane it’s getting ridiculous. It makes me root for Diane somewhat.

And what happened to the Tess character? She was so confident with her music back in the day and now she is lacking all confidence and looks like a mess. She is so off 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

I don’t believe it was a racist comment. His point was the origin story for the character is very explicit in where Bond comes from. It has nothing to do with race directly.

Can writers ignore the origin story and race swap? Sure, but why should they? I’m of the opinion that fictional characters shouldn’t be race swapped just to appease people who think it doesn’t matter. For instance, if it’s not okay to race swap a Black or Asian character without backlash, why race swap a White character other than because you can?

I generally don’t talk politics or get into topics like this, but this is just my personal opinion and does not reflect the opinion(s) of others or the direct opinion of Soap Opera Network and its associated properties.

• Members

9-23-22: Phyllis - The Cry Baby. No wonder Danny Romalotti couldn’t deal with her on a long term basis. I wish they would get rid of that useless character. 

Nate/Elena… I’m still siding with Nate and the actor is doing a fine job with his facials. Since he has become a bit sneaky he’s really on fire. 
What’s the fuss about Elena anyway? She looks gorgeous but her character is dull as hell. Devon and Elena all talking about honesty and loyalty and stuff but they were the first ones betraying their family’s and boyfriends. But Nate is the evil one.  

Please register in order to view this content

sure sure

I hate Devon talking about Neil after what he did to Neil back in the day with Hillary. He’s such a disgusting piece of crap and I hope Nate will give him some hell. I mean he got his girlfriend first. Now he should get Devon’s job

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

Poor Doug is digging his hole deeper and deeper. I remember times like this when I was against a female Doctor Who back in the day lol 

9-26-22: 

How many unneeded female characters does this show have?

What is Chloe’s purpose besides having a go or making a comment everytime Adam appears. Come on Griffith let them hook up already and everything is forgiven between them.

Chelsea became quiet unneeded too even though I enjoyed her performance today.

Victoria and Billy told Johnny something so important in a public place like this? I know budget is tight but seriously??? Ok then.. But great performance overall from Heinle.

I find myself enjoying the Sally/Nick-fling.

The new girl Adra (or whatever her name is) had a lot of dialogue. I’m surprised the new actress pulled it off so well. 
Nate/Victorias plan moving forward gets me excited.

I was so hyped to see Jill again even if it was via cam again. I’ll take everything from Jill that we get. Wish she would be used more again instead of Phyllis or adding new characters 

• Members

9-22

Here I am doing my workout and say 'bitca' as this giggly heffa keeps getting in Diane's face, begging for the slap that Diane should have given her...only to see Diane wipe the smug look right off her face without a slap needed by resigning from the company. And given the clause Kyle and Summer JUST TALKED TO THEM ABOUT that meant Giggly Heffa was GONE TOO. I laughed my butt off. Well-played, Diane. I should not have doubted you would get Phyllis together if needed.

But glad to see some more movement this week with the focus on Diane again as Phyllis tried to drive her crazy and Nikki in LA to see Deacon. LOVE those flashbacks. They looked so good. Still do. lol. 

I did miss the first episode of the week due to CBS switching over seasons. And that just let me know how much I am loving Nick/Sally because outside of that episode (nick appear next day, but not sally), they have not been together at all so far this week and I really want to know what happens next. 

Speaking of what happens next...Devon vs Nate continues to be where it's at. And yes, I do see Devon's side. Neil made that company so there would be something for his family...kids and their kids. And taking it public would jeopardize that. Even Nate appeared to feel the same way on that end. And when Neil was alive, I am sure he voiced the same. So I am Team Devon on that. But I do wish he would listen to everyone who feel he does seem to have some hidden dislike for Nate and I continue to like the past of that brought up. That said...liking some sneaky Nate. And at the rate he is going it's a WHEN he sleeps with Imani not IF.

Oops. Giggly Heffa just walked in early on the vow renewal. 

• Members

9-27-22

Phyllis/Diane - Boring! Snoozefest! But the text message Diane got at the end made me interested.

Allie/Noah are so cute. I really like that pairing.

I’m really feeling the Nate Story. It has some great classic vibes to it. And everytime Nate talks business I feel like if a guy like Nate with no experience can do that then I can start or take over a company and business too.

Please register in order to view this content

Victoria/Billy/Chelsea plot had me a bit moving emotional. I get where Chelsea is coming from but I loved for Billy putting Chelsea in her place. Victoria standing up for herself and her family really hit hard. I side with Victoria here.

Nate/Elena… Isn’t it funny that this chick Elena talks about morality , family and love even though she broke Devon’s heart? 
talk about hypocrisy… I never liked Elena tbh but she just made me dislike her even more now where she took off some time from Nate.

Nate can do better than Elena in my opinion 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover