Y&R September 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

9-8

Well...a lot going on.

I continue to love Jack catching on to what Phyllis is up to. Not that Phyllis is hiding it. Nikki is coming off better however. Which is why when they are exposed, I guess I will be here for Nikki reacting to the expose.

Kyle vs Adam? Who would have thought? I never thought about the potential of Jack's son vs Jack's unofficial son (since Adam does see Jack as a father/authority figure). 

Elena vs Imani? Well...at least Elena is showing her backbone now. So yay!!

• Members

9-9

JILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That said...too brief.

And credit where credit is due...THAT'S family drama/mess that should be happening. lol. Nate sneaking around behind Devon's back. And while he did not expect to be on that conference call with Jill, Nate went for it. Knowing it would make Devon mad. Knowing it would be messy. And he held his own with information. And Devon came across kinda shady...and hurt of course. But the thing is having JILL in the loop...should guarantee the festival happens and keep that drama going. Lily stuck in the middle in the middle of the conference...basically having to try NOT to pick a side...was the cherry on top.

I'm not down for Jill taking the company public, but...we will see.

• Members

I can buy Newman Enterprises being Genoa City’s lone Fortune 500 company that is a conglomerate in the same nature of Proctor & Gamble or Colgate Palmolive. NE having sectors of media, oil, and energy is utterly ridiculous though. And have a very stable corporate leadership minus the occasional scandal/controversy.

I can buy Jabot Cosmetics as a family owned medium mid-sized cosmetics company that’s proven to be a formidable underdog to NE’s own cosmetics line as well as others. But a very famous world class Milan fashion house relocating to GC? GMAFB. 

Fenmore’s I can buy as a last man standing regional department store held on by its west coast division and by it opening a successful off-price spinoff in the same vain of Ross and TJ Maxx but to have Lauren talk about Fenmore stores in Dubai and London……????

The rest of GC has no place in business really. AHVictoria and Abby should be running a local art gallery and auction house together Nate and Elena doctors at the hospital, Billy owning the GC Chronicle on the side while butting heads with its editor Lily, Amanda is the new town lawyer while Imani operates her own PI firm, Phyllis runs a local fiber Internet business, Devon owning his own entertainment venue and nightclub, Chloe, Chelsea and Kevin all three locked up in the mental hospital etc. 

• Members

I‘m really feeling the Nick/Sally hook up coz it’s old school soap. 

i find myself even enjoying the Nate/Devon feud going on. I never liked Devon tbh. I‘m quiet siding with Nate there. 

but what I don’t like to see is anymore of Victors boxing scenes.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Not watching, but has JG put Sally and Diane together as friends or acquaintances? It would drive Phyllis nuts to see her two rivals, one old and one recent, making moves on “her men.” Seems obvious to team Sally/Diane up now that Sally is *finally* hooking up with Nick (making obvious yet satisfying connections isn’t JG’s strong point), but it appeared that Y&R had completely moved on from both Phick and Phyllis/Sally.

And Y&R appeared to be foreshadowing something when Adam and Sally ran into Diane when she first returned. Sally was intrigued with her.

• Members

It would be delightful to get scenes where Diane, Sally, and Imani form a friendship where they get together over wine and coffee as they gossip with each other much to the rest of GC’s “horror”.

Please register in order to view this content

Friday 9/16—Damn Nate!! I liked Nate’s dark turn, SD did a good job with a bold, callous Nate smirking and acting very smug as he talked to a shocked Victoria about his scheme.

• Members

Nate is my favorite right now. I always thought Devon was too full of himself even when he first came to the show.. 

Devon still bitter over the Elena-thing.. But Saint Devon never cheated and hurt a family member (Neil).. I must’ve imagined it then lol 

@kalbir I do admire that EB is giving it his all in those scenes. But his noises and overdoing makes it a bit cringe and uncomfortable for me to watch those lol