DAYS: July 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members

I don't think John/Ava would work now.  Not because of Marlena even, but it's strange the entire hookup/relationship was written out of existence.  It wasn't a secret or anything.  Marlena knew.  I thought TB and DH had decent chemistry honestly, but it wouldn't help Ava out.  Drake appears like 2 times a month lol.

That was quite the dress Ciara was wearing to Abby's funeral lol.  I am sure she has a bunch of appropriate sailing gear.

Thanks!  I couldn't remember the BTS details of John's story, but I remember there was a lot of Marlena standing by him forever and ever and then the next week wanting a divorce and John having breakthroughs but then never wanting to get his memory back.  I do THINK it was a decent idea for an arc and it just went sour.  Idk what the plans were for John/Marlena before they got fired, but I don't think it was that blink and you miss it shrink stuff (Charlotte was her name I believe).  It makes no sense to have the audience wait through John's death, then the RoboJohn stuff to just end it with a paralyzed John remembering everything and marrying her in a hospital room in half an episode lol.  I was so upset as a fan for that exit.

But, yeah, I don't think Ava has interacted with EJ or John since she returned and it's not like she has a bunch of other people to interact with and they kept the thread of her friendship with Nicole from back then.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Charlotte yes I think that’s it. Lol she was supposed to be some trusted colleague of Marlena’s but she also secretly hated Marlena and wanted John for herself. What a strange story to end J&M’s time.

I think the major issue at the time was Ava was not long for the show as she was responsible for Grandpa Shawn’s death. She could have been a long term vixen but it typical Hogan Sheffer fashion she was written into a corner from the get go. They tried to explain it away with her being tricked into a drug addiction by her father to cause her paranoia but it didn’t work. I barely remember Nicole being friends with Ava when Nicole first returned to town, but that was quickly replaced by Nicole and Chloe putting aside their past rivalry to become friends in their fight against Victor. 

• Members

I think her father was Marlena's colleague and that's who Marlena thought she was calling, but he died and she showed up instead.  And then Charlotte hated Marlena for about 30 years because the dad liked Marlena better or something.  It was silly.

Yeah, with Ava most of her first run is forgotten except for the Steve stuff obviously.  It's like Ava is two different characters these days.  She could have been a long term vixen, but she's not even vixen-y anymore just someone who cooks pasta and has silly revenge plans.  Maybe Jake can help her out.  But, frankly, at the end of the day I'd rather see both of those two on GH instead. 

• Members

I'm just doing my recap:  -  Ciara, without baby Bo or Ben, and in a black sheer at the top number I'd have thought more appropriate for a cocktail party like no one has anymore than a beloved relative's final resting place. What do I know, Ciara has always had a distinct taste of her own even when she was about 4!

• Members

At least it was black lol.  Ciara hasn't dressed appropriately to a single occasion since VK has played her.  VK loves the tightest, sexiest things she can find and I guess no one in wardrobe cares.  She's the antithesis of Abby and her wardrobe of loose prairie frocks.   

• Members

I forgot that they had a funeral for Abigail and everyone's leaving town, lol! Ciara ->Julie -> Rafe -> Doug. How does Rafe get involved in this "Ben and I are leaving town" picture? Because he was married to Hope? Never mind. He notices bracelet.

I just can't with this Jan stuff. First, it was a cheeseburger, then another cheeseburger, and then a sloppy chili cheeseburger, and then BAM! She had sex in private with a guy that she had a two-minute conversation with. Yeah, I'm ignoring this story because it's dumb. 

I want that wall décor in Lani and Eli's crib. It's the one located on the left-hand of their front door. If I see that art piece on another set, then I'm not fooled. I want that art piece next to my 6-ft bubblegum machine in the living room. I betcha Jake's going to move into Ben & Ciara's crib and since Belle & Shawn live in that tacky wallpaper ashtray hut, Shawn will be moving into Eli and Lani's old digs.

Still confused with Ben and Clyde. Didn't Clyde fondle his daughter? Then again, Ben's a murderer and Julie's always more than willing to lick and worship Ben's armpit.

If I were to guess who stabbed Abigail with a $2 steak knife, then I'm guessing Sarah. Perhaps they don't know what to do with her anymore. Still, it's the worst murder mystery I've seen in a very long time. For Mr. Mayo Lover's murder, I knew the character of Beth would pop up like a pimple somehow. But, how does the District Attorney get wrapped up with aiding and abetting? Is she a secret mayo lover too?

• Members

It was a sheer delight to get to see Morgan Fairchild today & I loved that she called everyone either "Honey" or, "Oh, honey!" Susan Batten's character was as odd as is her reputation! I was glad to hear that company name again, Society Set-ups, doesn't that just sound like a rotten deal coming someone's way?! I just found out that at the end of THE CITY, they wanted MF to come back briefly as Sydney Chase & she would not so they had the "Happy Now" killer do her in!

Edited by Tonksadora
Sydney Chase was killed off at the end of THE CITY.