DAYS: July 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members

Haha yep. That’s one thing about SORAS-ing: it ages up every other person connected to that character as well. Apparently, Sami was only 7 years old when she kidnapped Belle and sold her on the black market. What an intelligent child

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’m going by the SORASing timeline. When Sami came back to Salem in 1993, she was 16, so her birth year was changed to 1977. And when Belle was aged in 1999, she was 15, making her birth year now 1984.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

The Hollywood Graveyard YT channel has released a new video, touring celebrity grave sites out west. And @08:22, in Colorado, is the grave of Richard Biggs' (Marcus Hunter).

ETA: And @21:24, if you're a fan of Grumpy Cat, their grave is also featured in a pet cemetery!

Edited by Wendy

• Members

What the dickens are they doing in this picture?! I swear someone could have said, "There, just there, act goofy." Thanks!

Philece Sampler died July 2, 2021 (67) (heart attack) AW temporary Donna Love & DOOL Renee DuMonde and Renee DiMera. Today is the second anniversary of her "much too young" death that came out of nowhere.

Edited by Tonksadora
ILM

• Members

That's just crazy though. If you go by a SORASING timeline that was re-jiggered backwards in time you completely leave out the fact that the twins weren't living viable creatures until they came back from being in Colorado at the Evanses. Of course they were born & were babies in Salem but not really personalities. Then, they came back from Colorado as full formed creatures, either 12 or 14 like that. And, it was at that age span when John & Marlena hit the conference table & Belle was conceived & Sami was traumatized & then kidnapped her into black market slavery. Those times need to be figured from a forward time look, not from a backward SORAS result. I just got off the phone about this with someone who was ranting as bad as me that it could not have happened when Sami was 7 years old. Sami wasn't cast then! I call upon the group mind to come up with a better solution than the one being used now!

Did anyone get a screen capture of the moving tableau of people being left behind, as Lani & Eli & the twins were leaving & waving back at them & the people in the wall of friends. tableau style, shyly waved at Lani & Eli & twins? I want that picture!

• Members

Tableau at the cop shop in Salem? Anyone get a pic?

Check out Esme's shoes here. They are the height of YA fashion sense. Can you believe that this is what all the kids are wearing today? They look like they are sneakers that you'd wear dressed up like a Simpsons character!

• Members

Oh gotcha.

I don't mind minor up-aging like the one they're doing for Holly at the moment where they've obviously done it to make the kid slightly more mobile. Shawn-D is also a decent example of someone being slightly SORAS'd without disturbing too much of any time line - I think five or so years is a good ball park figure of what I think soaps should aim for since characters tend to stay in an age bracket (especially 20s/30s) for longer than they actually are that age.

• Members

I can get into a slight aging, Shawn D is a good example, they only added about 3 years. It doesn't screw up too much, if anything. The ages also work because of the ages of the parents. That's why when they aged Lily's kids on Y&R it was so jarring. Mike Horton is great example of poor aging, because now he's been in his 30s since 1985!

• Members

I hate Lani and Eli's exit so much. Nobody wanted to see Lani get punished for shooting TR. She should be getting a medal and the keys to the city. Her exit is really that she's going to prison. Meanwhile, serial killer Ben gets to ride off into the sunset and sail the world with his wife and baby. I just cannot. 

With Sal and Lamon choosing to leave together, all they had to do is say that Elani were going out to DC to visit Valerie for a while, then later on we hear that Eli got a job offer from his old friend and they're staying out there indefinitely. This prison exit is straight trash!

• Members

Still not as bad as Sarah, who’s now being played by an actress that was 2 when Sarah was 16

But he’s changeeddd

But yeah, Lani and Eli deserved better, especially Lani. I wonder what made Sal decide to leave as well