DAYS: July 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No, I'm actually just happy that I found the way to move files from one drive to another on Windows 11. I swear the video tutorials (with no verbal instructions - just music) made no sense. I'm so ecstatic as it's a lifesaver! 

Please register in order to view this content

Oh yeah, back to DAYS. A woman's role and a man's role. 

• Members

I did too. This stuff just seems rather force-fed. You know, kind of like Jan Spears and the guy who banged each other in prison. Such a great storyline too. Aside from Cady McClain and her acting (as she doesn't pay my bills), I want to concentrate more on force-feeding. I'm starting to think that this is how soaps will be played for now on as everything happens in private. Is it the same on other soaps too? Moreover, do they just tell storylines and get it over with in two episodes?

Edited by Noel

• Members

I don't think Cady is doing a good job with this material at all and have said that.  Some episodes are better than others with her.  In her defense though, I do think CM was hurt by Missy appearing so recently.  I can't imagine Missy playing any of these scenes like Cady.  Seeing Missy play Jen just made me compare the two more so than I did when Cady first started because Missy as Jen wasn't quite as fresh in my mind.  I also think it throws off Matt's performances because he doesn't connect as well or have the years of history with Cady.  Anyhow, the show should just keep one or the other. 

This veers on the Classic Days thread territory, but I was watching a clip of the RoboJohn story and Ava and John were together.   I remembered this vaguely and thought it was just random, but she was actually pretty involved with the disk being destroyed and told John she loved him before she left town.   Anyhow, long story short, has this ever been mentioned again on the show?  Do they even acknowledge Ava/John dated or even know one another?  I can't even remember John/Ava sharing scenes together since then.  Does John even remember what he did as RoboJohn? lol

• Members

I can see that totally. I personally don't know Cady or Melissa. I mean, it's not like we share warm laughter and exchange chocolate truffles in the middle of a park, but their work ethic seems cool. I liked Cady's work on As The World Turns and I know homegirl can deliver. To my understanding from what I've read on here, Missy can pop up whenever she wants to come back? If I have at least 64% of that correct, I guess for me, if I were in that kind of position (not Cady), I'd be pissed. What am I? Second hand scraps? I just couldn't imagine myself being in a job position where I have "no allowance" to call something my own.

Yeah, Missy was just on when Abigail was playing the role of Nancy Drew in an H&M dress. All of a sudden, Abigail gets sliced and BAM! Here's Cady! 

• Members

Well, as I've said I am loving Cady as Jenn & I think she's doing a great job with grieving Jenn & JJ's mother & I have no problem with her as Jack's wife. I have problems with Jack right now but I have had off & on ever since he became so hopelessly devoted to Gwen. But, I think that the idea of going back & forth between Cady & Missy is probably up there with a Top 10 Stoopid Idear! How could it not create problems? It just seems ready-made for trouble.

• Members

Hahahaha! You slather yourself in some of that Abigail gravy luv! 

Yeah, it wouldn't bode well with me at all, lol! I don't know much backstage stuff on this show, but I just couldn't imagine myself having any kind of job where someone else had "first dibs". I dunno. Yeah, that's a weird one. 

Edited by Noel

• Members

It was very brief.  John was RoboJohn evil still and divorced (separated?) from Marlena, but TB either left or was fired and the whole story was dropped and Ava abruptly left town.  Ava and RoboJohn were scheming against Phillip I think.  The whole RoboJohn story got really muddled and perhaps a triangle with John/Ava/Marlena was a thought or plan, but Ava jumped bail and left town and it appears no one really talks about it.  I have never heard Ava or John mention it again.

• Members

LOL I see it’s time for the annual prison break with Orpheus leading the way

I think the writers strike and then firing of Sheffer in favor of Higley’s return is where the writing got muddled. It seemed the Vitali’s were just a DiMera stand in that were written out when Mascolo returned. Ava was also close to EJ during the original run as well but it hasn’t been brought up again either. I was surprised back in 2015 the show even brought Ava back, especially after TB endured being a recast for the insufferable role of Taylor(major yikes!)

Not sure what the plan was as J&M’s final story before their exit was the two of them dealing with the psychiatrist who was secretly obsessed with John herself and trying make John hers. I forget her name except she was played by Sandra Ferguson of AW fame.