DAYS: July 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members

Yeah, the twins were never 12 onscreen.  They might have been a little older than they should of been in 1991 (I am horrible with ages but they looked about 10 ish).  I believe Sami was only 15 when she came back and through the bulk of the affair story, but she was at least aged 5 years.  Belle (and Brady to an extent) screw everything up royally especially when the show constantly references the kidnapping by Sami (which seems to be a Ron thing because I don't remember it being brought up that often by other writers) and John/Marlena's 1986 wedding, so Belle was born before John/Marlena even met lol.  There are worse cases of SORASing or de-SORASing like Sarah/EJ, but the show doesn't constantly reference events that happened in regards to their characters that are time sensitive.  No one ever really brings up the fact EJ was thought to be John's when he was a baby or Sarah catching Maggie/Neil together as a 2 year old lol.  I think Ron finds the Sami/Belle kidnapping an amusing fact and almost thinks it funny to bring it up so often.  Like, realistically, I don't think Belle is still angry about a kidnapping that happened when she was a baby and can't remember.  And who told her about it and the details of her conception?  I can't imagine John/Marlena did.  I am really curious how she found out.  I imagined Sami just blurted it out one day off camera.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Members

I don't want to actually defend CM because I have made fun of his constant smirking forever, but it does seem like a nervous tick or something because he can't be that bad at acting.   It has to be something he doesn't realize he is doing all the time.  I don't believe Days employs a good acting coach or director or even cares about a take if all the lines are vaguely right, so it probably won't change.

• Members

Yes, I think we can tell from the rest of his affect that he is not a bad actor. I think he's a pretty good one, who has this one thing that is really annoying! He could hire an acting coach & do some work & fix it. If anyone knows someone who knows him, do a good deed, say something! Careers are cut-throat enough. He could only help himself by fixing the only flaw I see.