DAYS: July 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LOL! Gay, Bi, and Pans are all coming out in nomads on this show it seems. If it was more believable, then I dunno. Personally, I just feel that someone's gender, race, creed, ethnicity, socio-economic status, educational level, sexual orientation, religion, etc., is a very small part of who we are as human beings as we're all simply products of chance. I think when it comes to how sexual orientation is written on this show, I laugh at certain times, but then again, I roll my eyes because it's really dumb. Presently, hate crimes are present due to the societal descriptions I mentioned above. There was a time when I felt extremely uneasy with Eve and her racial microaggressions, and with Leo Stark, this fictional character is not really helping much either. It's not so much about me having a protective shield over myself as I can fight dirty, but I look at things from a macro-perspective and I'm mindful of that. 

In my opinion, Ron is not helping much especially in this climate. I guess thankfully DAYS is at a 1.2 or 1.3 rating in household viewers. Still, it takes one person to cause harm and we're seeing this on the news. Ron does not depict this subculture very well at all.

Edited by Noel

• Members

They were definitely dating while Evan was Rafe's nanny for his own son lol.   That's a weird sentence to write.  

Chad is definitely in denial but I wouldn't be shocked if Tripp or Johnny were too

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I hated Sonny with Evan. I always wanted Evan with Will. He should've been the one that he met in California.

They also implied that Will and Ben might have been more than cell mates.

Johnny is definitely bisexual. Tripp...not sure...I remember him chatting it up with Will. I think he dated the wrong sibling.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Evan should meet Paul.  He'd drop women forever.  He doesn't have good taste in the female department anyhow.  I don't remember hating Sonny/Evan based on chemistry or anything like that.  Just at how contrived Will/Sonny's breakup was.

Will/Ben is a fun idea until you realize he tried to kill him.  How on earth they could be friends, cellmates, or even lovers is beyond me, but it's a nice fanfiction idea

Regarding today's episode, Belle is such an awful friend telling Chloe she shouldn't judge because of Chloe's history.  Chloe should have snapped back at Belle about HER own history.  No wonder they hardly share scenes.  Belle is horrible to be around.  I did like her hitting Jan with an oar though.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Yeah, this is why Evan shouldn't have been painted into this corner where he's in jail.  He should be in town running around as a conflicted bad guy forced to do evil things by his dad while no one knows.

RSW probably wouldn't play gay, but he seems like someone who wants to keep his job so he might.

• Members

He killed Jordan and Ben was framed for that, so I guess that's why that happened.

I don't know anything about RSW.  I don't know if he cares or not honestly.  I don't even know if he considers himself a serious actor because I don't lol.

• Members

Again today I found myself myself being happy with my soaps! I have to pinch myself to be sure I'm not dreaming & my first thought is not to post

Please register in order to view this content

happy but to say something goofy. After all isn't it cool to be critical of your stories? Aw, He*lo pulling off some cool 'tude is not my thing. I'm having a good time & I might as well admit it. Chad went to yet another angst-ridden & scream-delivered place of anger. Billy Flynn reached for something & got it & threw it right into EJ's face. That was very high drama to be so physically close to each other. And, Rafe is impressing me being on the attack now that he has a bone to chew. Darbo is amazing. How can she play that naive?! I couldn't believe she even said, "Innocent until proven guilty." I am most worried if Leo did it. It was a nice turn that neither Leo nor Clyde knew each other. Strangers. I didn't know we were going to have a fight. They did a great job! I was seriously glad for Belle to whack her. But, where the heck is she? I was glad to see people with programs from the funeral. Everything they can do to support the idea that there really was one is the right thing to do. I like Evan. So, there's no chance he is getting out any time soon? My gaps in my DOOL viewing are waving red flags at me. Chloe has a sister? Chloe & Belle both have history? Why didn't Claire come back for the funeral? Am I the only one wondering if Mike Horton knows that bi*ch Gwen murdered his mother? Am I alone in thinking that Jack is guilty about Gwen growing up the way she did?

• Members

So not to be mean, but isn't Marlena a little old to be an infants godmother?  I know Marlena is ageless, but isn't the whole point of a Godparent to take care of the child if something happens to Ben/Ciara both?   Or is that an antiquated notion?  I am sure Rafe would do it (or Hope obviously), but I would think Shawn and Belle would be the much more obvious choice.  I know I am overthinking it because it's just a title more than anything else on a soap, but it's not very realistic.  Anyhow, bye Ciara/Ben (until Monday on Peacock :/)!  Hope your boat doesn't capsize because Marlena's too old to raise baby Bo!

@TonksadoraAre you asking if Chloe/Belle have a history or a history of being slutty?  Yes to both.  They have been friends since high school.  Chloe's entire time on the show lol.  Belle has a long history with cheating on Shawn and Chloe, well, she was written quite badly for awhile and was a prostitute. And Chloe has a significantly younger sister Joy that Craig/Nancy had when Chloe was battling cancer.  Joy would easily work in the Johnny/Tripp/Allie/Chanel age range.  As far as Mike goes-we have no idea what he knows.  But we do know it took him and Jen MONTHS to figure out Laura's estate in Boston, so you would assume he knows the details of his mother's death since he was involved with the will and what not.