GENERAL HOSPITAL December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’m only half-watching these days, but is Cyrus being blamed for the baby’s condition, giving Brando a vendetta? The drugs? I’m grasping at straws as to why they’re going here. I don’t think the actor is strong enough for such a heavy, angsty role, but that’s never stopped GH.

• Members

No one is being blamed. It's just that Sasha had a placental abruption which resulted in the baby not getting oxygen for an extended period of time. 

Brando and Sasha are so isolated that I don't feel like a ton of story will come out of their baby's death, unless Brando goes back to the mob life as a result. 

• Members

This is pure speculation but couldn't have the plan to kill off the baby been hatched when it looked like the anti-vax actor who played Brando was going to resist like SB did to facilitate his exit?
Then he yielded so we "get to" watch the story told instead of a rush job to push him out the door?

Personally I don't mind dramatic stories on soaps at any time of the year. It is a soap. I'd rather have real personal drama, even sad, than another round of why-is-noone-killing Peter.
And the issue with Sasha/Brando is that they are still here. I like SM well enough but the two characters are a bit extraneous so whatever story that they are going to be given is going to feel a bit extraneous. She was pregnant and they were probably concerned that firing them at that time would open the door to legal complications because of the timing so why not write it in and make a third-tier story out of it?

So this is a shrug for me but I am not judging them for it. Of the mistakes made in recent times I sort of understand how they ended up writing this one