GENERAL HOSPITAL December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Discuss

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Alexis gets out of prison just in time for Thanksgiving and not one of her daughters is there. WTF? I get that Sam is busy celebrating Jason's death with some new dick, but where the hell are Molly and Kristina? Dumb.

Esme really sticks out like a sore thumb in scenes with Spencer's family. Like she just doesn't belong in these scenes. It's especially annoying to have her there when none of Alexis's kids get to be present. I do appreciate that Alexis has no time for Esme. Also, why does Spencer care about any of this family drama? He claimed he's not part of the Cassadine family anymore.

I know it's silly but I felt bad for Spinelli. But I bet he feels dumb now for ditching Ellie to be with his true love Jason... oops.

I don't mind Sam/Dante. And it was nice to see someone get an actual love scene. Man, they really have Sam happy in bed with Dante two minutes after finding out that Jason died. The final nail in JaSam's coffin.

EWW I forgot about Oscar. Don't mention that kid. The Monica/Drew scenes were nice.

I'm just not here for Britt and Carly wailing over Jason. At least they were nice to each other and not screeching.

Sexy ass Chase gets a six month suspension for punching Valentin? Stupid.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

I have no idea what purpose poor Alexis/NLG could possibly still serve on this show or who she could be paired with (her daughters are all a wash at this point and need breaks or to be written out of town for awhile, IMO - Sam permanently) but those scenes were a lot of fun. And Charles Shaughnessy, against long odds IMO, is a hoot as Victor. I love Thaao Penghlis on DAYS for all his camp and pomp but this is very different from Thaao's last very rickety stint as Victor. They could really make this last for some time with the new Victor if they were smart, which they aren't, but he is so much more compelling than Wes Ramsey or ol' hickory ham Cyrus (I love Jeff Kober in his many classic movie and TV roles but this Cyrus mess has been a debacle every time I tune in).

UO: Esme should [!@#$%^&*] Papa Nikolas for the bag and scandalize all involved.

• Members

Couldn't help but roll my eyes at that.

Valentin, allegedly the worst Cassadine of them all, instead of getting back at Chase on his own, runs to Mac like a petty little bitch and gets Chase suspended. Very stupid. And immature too, if you ask me. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Something has felt off with Dante and Sam for quite sometime, I don't know if it's due to the fact that they are no longer longing for each other while being apart, if it's due to Dante's beard no longer being present(lol), or his conditioning/ptsd story being wrapped up so quickly that took the wind out of this couples sails. I still like them, but it's just not the same now for some reason. 

• Members

I thought they had promise early on when Dante was still recovering. I don’t know: they had “something” for a brief moment. But in the routine world of the show, playing house and having dates, they are boring. 

But even with Sprina, who are played by dynamic actors and ooze chemistry, they are not really able to carry on a story, and they’ve lost a lot of momentum. Maybe SM isn’t as available with her class schedule, plus just the reality of soaps in 2021, but they aren’t maintaining the tension as much as I’d like.

• Members

Yeah, I don't know if it's a matter of 4 out of the 5 teens being in college in real life, or just because we now have to devote airtime to things like Jason's death, but the teens have been MIA recently. Joss finding out about Jason was the first time we had seen her in 3 or 4 weeks. Up until yesterday, we hadn't seen any of the others in two weeks. There's just no momentum on this show. What happened to their weekend getaway? Spencer's trial? How are we supposed to invest in any of the stories when some of them are featured so sporadically? Are we supposed to be into Liz and Finn who are on two days a month? Brando and Sasha who disappear for weeks at a time? But we have time for a Jarly montage. 

• Members

I thought DZ/Dante was one of the best newcomers GH had in years when he started.  Even through the Brenda/Dante mess, I still thought he was damn charming.  He was the only one to have chemistry with JMB and early Lante was a delight.  

Somewhere along the way DZ lost interest and so did the show.  It's disappointing because I have always liked Dante.  I just don't see the appeal anymore.  Sam/KeMo has always been lame, so that's not surprising.  I like the idea of Sam/Dante and think they make a good looking couple, but it's falling flat.  It's definitely not the worst pairing, but it did have more potential in the beginning.  The fact they share a sibling and she had a baby by his father actually doesn't bother me as much as it should though.

• Members

@Faulkner I'm not a Sprina fan but it's nice to see folks so excited about a new pairing.  As for SM, I believe her schedule is messing with the momentum.  They are on and have touching moments and then off for a week or so.  The up and down will kill the pairing before they start.  Add in, the potential of SM leaving one day.  She's been on multiple covers and her star is rising.  She may outgrow the show before Sprina get off the ground.  The show has to do better with her schedule.  Break the scenes up so even when she's off, she's on.