GENERAL HOSPITAL December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh, they're very smart to diversify. Doesn't mean it's not the show's responsibility to try to lock them in as long as possible for the good of the show, which is not always the best thing for the actors. But if I was the EP, I'd try to secure as much commitment as humanly possible. I don't blame the actors for going recurring; I blame the show for not locking them into contracts.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Exactly.  Once I saw how the audience was reacting to Sprina, I would have negotiated contracts that allowed for them to go to school but still had a commitment to GH, and worked the schedule out to maximize it.  And I know that isn’t easy, but that’s the job.  This isn’t DAYS- where it would be 4 to 6 months before you know if the audience is responding.  ABC/Frank had plenty of time to figure it out.

It’s pretty rare nowadays for a couple to hit that well.  They should have capitalized on it.

• Members

I don’t know if GH appreciates that Sprina has as much potential as it does. I understand how difficult the scheduling must be, but the pacing of this story (assuming they even plan to put Spencer and Trina together in the end) has been pitiful.  The way it’s going now, they won’t have their first kiss until next summer. 

• Members

There's also the unavoidable possibility which I posited from the beginning: That Frank sees Spencer/Trina as the off-white B-couple to the main event of Joss and Cameron, which is exactly how Nikolas and Gia were positioned before them (though they did get a bit bigger, for a little while). Langston and Markko at OLTL also never truly rose before the white couple's sidekicks.

Time will tell, but it's still what I suspect is this show's priority, always.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Not related to Sprina, but the show doesn't seem super invested in Joss/Cam together. They don't really write for them and they haven't had any story since getting together. Now I can see them perhaps preferring Joss to Trina just as individual characters, but the writing doesn't give me the impression that they think that Cam and Joss are the next big thing. 

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

Thankfully, I was able to tune them out 

I'm not really minding everything else. Brook Lynn letting Valentin hold Bailey/Louise was sweet. I actually felt a little sorry for him.

And I liked the Drew/Maxie scenes as well.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

But to be fair...quite a few people pointed out that it has been a habit under the writers that if all boys lead to Joss...even if Trina is the one who has the most chemistry. Dav...Cam...it is totally possible to not be shocked if they go that way. And the writing, as mentioned, has been on the wall as of late...though the fan response is so much better for Sprina. One can hope it doesn't. But one can also dread. 

• Members

These Maxie/Drew scenes are whack. No viewer seems to recall them having any kind of relationship, much less a close one. James is going to be excited to see Drew? Huh? How can they write that Scout doesn't remember her father in one episode and then say that James, who is nobody to Drew, will be excited to see him in the next? Silly. Also silly is Drew not immediately telling Maxie that Peter has the ability to control him. Stupid!

I'm assuming today was a chem test for Drew and Maxie. Is Maxie no longer allowed to be with men under the age of 50? (Not that CM doesn't look great.) Can we test her with Brando or something? He's cute and Johnny Wactor has been good in this baby story.

Austin/Peter scenes? This show clearly hates its audience. Two buffoons together. Wow, Wes Ramsey is awful. There is no nice way to put it. Every single line is delivered ridiculously and over the top. Julliard needs to take this clown's degree away. Who the hell was asking for Peter to be involved in the Sonny/Carly/Nina story?

Why is Austin performing blood draws on patients? Does GH not have any phlebotomists on staff?

The guards walk away from Peter simply because he and Nina ask them to? Yeah, that's realistic. Can the writers please put the crack pipe down?

Why didn't they show Monica today? It was weird having that one-sided phone call with her and Carly.

I like seeing Britt in doctor mode. Damn, she and Carly are probably gonna be besties soon. I guess I prefer this to Carly screeching about how she wishes Jason had never met Britt.

I'm over crybaby Valentin!