GENERAL HOSPITAL December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think that was the case until BA decided to leave. Once they committed to the alternative with Ellie I really liked those two together. Spinelli matured with Ellie and this is all a major step back.

I could say so much about KS and how she's weathered the recent years but I've said it all before. She's spent. She needs to be gone for a long time, for her sake and the show's.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why did BA even leave?  To be SBu's sidekick forever lol?  BA has toned down his Spinelli obnoxiousness slightly, but what other gig is he ever going to get lol.  I agree about Ellie.  I would take her back over half the cast now.

I hate to be that person that shades people's mental/physical health issues, but the show has bent over backwards to accommodate Kirsten Storms and I am not sure it's helping her or the show as well.   She just seems very spent like you said and not in the MB/Kemo of I given up trying way.  Just very tired.

• Members

I have no idea. I do think the plan in 2012-2013 was always to reunite Spixie but BA leaving changed that. Regardless, Ellie and Spinelli worked and evolved the character and I have no patience for Spixie now.

People love to get super offended when you talk about KS' many, many issues which are not a secret. But the fact is I think it would be better for her and for the character to take a long break and take care of herself. I watch her now and it feels exploitative.

• Members

Soaps/Soap press is so bizarre in that way.  It's clear KS has had a lot of very public issues with substance/illness/mental health and if she was a bigger star it would be on TMZ.   I am not sure why there is a reason to protect her and other soap stars by the insular soap media.  The poor girl has been acting since she was a little kid.  She can take a break.  I am sure she has some money in the bank since she hasn't really stopped working in 20 years.

Spixie was always a cute idea.  They were fresh and different for a minute until they weren't.  I just think Spixie might be a good way to anchor Maxie now if we insist on keeping her.

• Members

I just watched the Riche episode.  The empathy they showed MB was pretty incredible.  No matter what I think of Sonny or MB’s ego, that was very generous and human, in a business that usually treats everyone as replaceable.  Makes me miss her even more at GH.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

It's very interesting to hear their stories.   WR and SC must have really saw something in MB as it doesn't even seem like he auditioned.  Clearly, they weren't wrong, but I have heard the Damian story before and I just can't imagine him as Damian.  

• Members

Happy to be entering the December episodes now.

And since I didn't want to post it in the November thread...interesting how Drew coming back has up-ended the whole ELQ stocks again just when Valentin thought he was getting payback on Brooklyn. Can't say that does not intrigue me to see if Ned can get Scout's share back in house. 

But I like for Qs tales.