GENERAL HOSPITAL December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Kirsten had a heyday on the show and it is long past. She has been burnt out since 2012 minimum. She needs a long break.

Sam had times I would get behind the character's possibilities. Those are gone. She has nothing left, write her out.

• Members

GH should've replaced Kelly Monaco with Lindsay Korman Hartley as Sam permanently.  Monaco's monotone mumbling is grating.   GH should also bring back Jen Lilley as Maxie, who was a far,far superior Maxie,  she played Maxie more mature, more grown up, compared to Storms. She's always been my fave Maxie.  The year or almost a year Lilley played Maxie were superior to anything Storms has done before or since. 

• Members

Jen Lilley isn’t coming back. She can make more doing Hallmark movies than doing GH. But yeah, Kirsten Storms needs a rest.

That Quartermaine kitchen? What a terrible set. It’s small, cheap, and looks like something from a high school drama production.

Joss has no chemistry with Cam. None. Or with anyone else on the show right now.

• Members

Totally agree that Maxie needs a rest. Her stories aren't interesting to me at all. I didn't mind her with Nathan. But I don't think the show really knows what to do with her, so she just keeps popping out babies. On what planet did Maxie need three kids? And she doesn't raise any of them. Spinelli might as well adopt James, lol. Maxie's pairings are never particularly interesting either and now for some reason they're throwing her at 50+ year old men. Maybe next we'll get a chem test with Finn. 

• Members

The multiple kids really did Maxie in.  She's had so many baby stories.  And tbh, Maxie is a character that doesn't even need kids.  She was career focused and the children don't really add anything once their initial story is done.  I would just re-pair her with Spinelli and write them off for awhile.  I am actually surprised they never went back to that pairing since it was all the rage and the show seemed to love it a decade ago.

• Members

The last time I thought Maxie was truly great was Georgie’s funeral. I don’t mind KS but she’s been pretty lost on the show for the better part of the last decade. 

The show doesn’t need Sam, but since it won’t use Liz, who should be a major heroine, I don’t expect things to make sense. 

• Members

Kirsten and Maxie have needed a "rest" for over 10 years. And yes, it is insane that Maxie has any kids at all. It gives credence to the claim that the soaps keep doing baby stories now for young people bc it is one of the few stories the networks are guaranteed to greenlight to a conservative audience. It is pathetic that she has children; she needs none.

Spinelli should've stayed with Ellie and it makes him look like a complete chud to have dumped her for the mob after she raised his child and kept his home for close to ten years.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Agree 100%. 

I always liked the actress that played Ellie.  She was adorable.  

I always thought Ellie was a pit stop for the inevitable Spixie reunion.  I am not even close to a Spinelli/Maxie fan, but I thought that was where the show was going, especially once they had that kid.

KS is good when she is good.  I think she has great comedic timing, but she's looked haggard and ill for so long.  The show dresses her horribly, her makeup is awful, her stories are bad.  She could use a rest for sure.  Not forever, but at least some months without her.