GH: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I mean, let's face it. Teenagers around that age are horny.
I would find it weirder for them not to go there tbh.

I realize the "Mike" story is slooooow because they want to move the rest of the stories to a point where revealing Sonny is alive would have maximum impact and I am at peace with them dragging it a bit because the timing of the payoff needs to be impeccable.
But it is leading them to try and keep MB busy with C-storylines within a B-storyline and it is not really compelling, regardless of the likeability of Lenny.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It does. I truly can't believe we have this man on his third role and it's just ... accepted. Another reason soaps are dismissed.

I agree. I feel like the younger adults on soaps are just so bland and boring and stuck in the usual cliches. It's a wonder any of them stick around and most flee ... (meanwhile, Chanel and Allie on DAYS are exactly what I'd expect from 20-somethings; sexually fluid and "free spirited")

The Mike story is "slow burn" for story purposes of course, but it's also so Mo Benard can do something else (away from the show; so he needed to work less). Again it's the show catering to him.

And I do like the new pool set. I love how everyone just ... goes there now LMAO. I agree the backgrounds look ... noticeable. 

I also want to say that I appreciate them going outdoors but none of it looks like New York. As having been to both NY and CA, it's clear they're in CA. Sorry lol but do better.

Dante and Chase were so homoerotic. I swear the actors do it on purpose. I like their bromance. Dominic Zamprogna seems ... revived after being checked out (IMO). It's nice to see.

They're spoiling me with Monica. Watch her disappear for weeks and weeks now. lol

I'm really starting to want a new Michael. Chad Duell has become a massive weak link.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

They're great. Their scenes didn't play out quite the way I thought. I expected it to be revealed that Spencer really was "Victor" and Cam/Joss to get on him about that. But Trina agreed to keep his secret. I'm interested in seeing what they do moving forward. Are they going to try and act like they weren't into each other, so people don't become suspicious. And/or will people notice their natural chemistry & closeness. I wonder if Spencer will try and be romantic in private to Trina, or if they'll openly flirt. Maybe even sooner than later. I want a nice romance for them. 

And Joss seemed mighty interested in Spencer/Trina talking today & if Spencer might be interested in her. She told Spencer not to get any romantic ideas about Trina. She wasn't as much on Cam as she could, talked about him "already being jealous" & said something about him always being the one that she wanted when they were kids. Some of this stuff she did say kind of playfully/in a more lighthearted manner, but I wonder... I hope they don't have her interested in yet another guy that Trina likes. 

I liked Joss pushing Spencer into the pool. I'm surprised Trina learned Victor was Spencer. Glad they didn't drag it. I liked Trina letting Spencer have it. It was also nice to see Shawn finally freed. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Given the rather direct mirroring of Nikolas and Gia (one of his only good pairings), I'd be a lot more open to Spencer and Trina if it didn't seem like the classic FV pairing of 'the ethnics' and other races as the sidekick characters to the latest attempt at Starr and Cole/instant teen supercouple of Cam and Joss, or as I shall call them, White Plight. This is also what he did with Langston and Markko on OLTL, shutting down any attempt to frontburner them, and let's not forget those years of heavy story Molly and two different T.J.s have gotten on GH itself. Once fans didn't respond to Molly with a white twink in 2013-2014, she went into carbonite with her Black boyfriend. I know how Frank rolls. I think Cameron and Trina is the real money, but I know Frank will never give up on this chick they hired as a temp for Joss because he is determined to redo Starr and Cole and his old teen demographic numbers at any cost.

I also will never believe Spencer is str8 and not at least bi, but that's another topic. Also: They should recast Gia.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Trina has more chemistry with this older version of Spencer, than she does Cam IMO. Though, I thought her and Cam had nice chemistry. New Spencer comes across as manlier, and smoother than Cam. (The actor is a few years older and that probably helps). His conversations with Trina come across as more adult & he seems more her speed than Cam. 

I think that the ship has sailed on Cam/Trina. At least for now. They have Cam currently acting like he doesn't care what Trina does. He said he didn't care today that she was interested in Trina as long as Joss wasn't. He also made fun of Trina the other day and said that "Victor/Spencer" was her imaginary friend that she made up. She was upset and left, he acted remorseful for all of three seconds and then turned his attention back to Joss. 

Thus far Spencer/Trina have been given decent airtime and good romantic teen storyline. Though, I don't know how long it will last or if they might try & insert Joss in some way. Joss seemed interested in Spencer's interest in Trina & was making comments to reassure Cam she's not into Spencer. That could be a hint they might try something with Joss/Spencer.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I'm sure the ship has sailed, I just think it's the stronger pairing in fundamentals. I also think the kid playing Spencer is a bit wooden, but improving. He is very pretty. I just don't at all buy that they will get equal airtime and story; I know how FV operates. And I definitely don't buy Spencer, rugged heterosexual.

@Vee Sadly you're dead right in your assessment. If this was a show on a streaming service or even cable. Trina & Spencer wouldn't be sabotage. I can see Spencer as bi. There have been light flashes. Of the flaming baby gay queen child Spencer was. Sadly GH ain't ever going to go there. Everything always has to be White and straight. The four remaining soaps. Have a strange need to cater to the Karen's. While never truly stepping outside the box. There's rarely much i like on GH. So i will enjoy Trina & Spencer until they're screwed over.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

They shine together and I'm going to enjoy them and their chemistry as long as I can, lol.  They are the bright spot of the teen set. Speaking of the teen yet, I am seeing some complaints about how boring some people think that Cam/Joss are now that they are together. They do feel a bit flat and I wonder where the writers are going with them. Spencer/Trina do have good storyline potential him being Ava's stalker/his lying about stuff, Trina covering about his lying about stuff, lol. And also maybe if they end up having it be revealed that Curtis might be Trina's real dad instead of Taggert. I could see the show doing something there, and maybe Spencer will provide support to Trina there.

Cam and Joss on the other hand, I'm not sure what they will do with them. Maybe have them happy for a bit. They really aren't doing much of anything right now. Maybe  down the line they will add to this set. Emma could end up being sorased and Lila Rae is out there too. 

Edited by xtr