GH: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Still was rooting for Trina and Cam to get together, but I can dig Trina and Spencer. But Joss and Cam are soooooo borrrriinnngggg. The show could've had a viable triangle if Trina and Cam had actually started a relationship, and shortly after Dev's manipulations had been revealed. Throw Spencer in the mix and it would write itself, and you could still end up having Trina and Spencer together at some point. 

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Joss is white, blonde and allows Frank to squint and pretend she's Starr Manning. That's all he cares about. Eden McCoy was a mediocre temp who lucked into a full time gig. He believes his old OLTL formula is demo gold.

Cam and Trina are where it's at IMO, but Joss will remain central. Spencer and Trina will be merely the ethnic sidekicks just like Nik and Gia in the 2000s (who had considerably more story and attention), even though Spencer should be at least bi. (Which, as Carl already pointed out, won't happen)

Edited by Vee

• Members

The writing on this show has largely sucked for years despite any one person on staff's best efforts. The entire setup of the show is rigged for at best mediocrity and that comes from Frank and the network. So no, while Joss does definitely need to be recast I do not think it would matter that much.

• Members

I do wonder why William Lipton is Off-Contract. i wonder if he wanted to go recurring because he has said he hopes to play Cam for a long time. Or Could GH have downgraded him incase they found an actor they could recast Cam with but in the end decided aganist it. 

• Members

While I'm super happy Trina and Cam won't be getting together (he would have never been written to abandon Joss in a warehouse full of gunfire...he ran), they became popular.  Viewers really loved them.  Frank does not care about that.  The white blonde must be the center and all the boys must love her.  Joss was slated for a SL with her lusting after her teacher (the guy Lulu was involved with).  That was dropped and so was CaTrina. 

Don't invest in Spence and Trina.  It's a waste of your time.

• Members

The more I think about it, the more I think Dev was just a placeholder until Frank could Nicolas Bechtel back on full time to do the triangle. Either Frank smartened up and finally decided to recast Spencer or NB didn’t want to come back. 

It would be nice to have a bi Spencer. They could play up an interesting dynamic of having Spencer hate Cam, but at the same time, also be attracted to him.

I see a little chemistry. Definitely not enough to make some huge endgame couple, but I see some. But you’re right, Joss does have great chemistry with Trina. 

Can’t wait for a Cam/Spencer scene either lol 

• Members

I'm also hella annoyed out of all Port Charles full-time residents, it's been Alexis that gets the heavy jail sentence.
That being said, I *am* happy to see where they're taking this Judge Carson storyline, and what it could be for the legal system of Port Charles.

Ashton Arbab could've been a decent Spencer recast, but, I do agree TPTB messed up Dev.

As for a bisexual Spencer, I totally want it.

• Members

It's so strange to see Molly and TJ getting airtime. I wonder if the writers will ever remember that Kristina exists too. They could've at least had her on for Joss's graduation party. Heck, have her be mad that Carly is "moving on" from her dad so soon. Something. It's weird how Sonny is one of the central characters on the show yet they do nothing with his daughter who lives in Port Charles.

Speaking of forgetting people... I kind of forgot that Martin existed. I do like him being involved in the stuff with Molly.

Is Spencer not afraid of someone he knows seeing him? Dude keeps hanging out on the pier and in the park. I am liking him and Trina though. They have chemistry and the new guy is cute and likable enough so far. They've interacted like 3 times and are already light years better than Cam and Joss. Girl was ready to drop her panties when Spencer started talking about art. LMAO.

I like Portia and Ava chatting and being friendly about Trina. Yes! Let Ava have a gal pal who isn't Nina.

Someone explain to me how Carly's family is in so much danger that she has to marry Jason... yet Avery is somehow safer living with Carly than with Ava?

Please register in order to view this content

Ew at Britt having scenes with Austin in the preview. Is it not enough that she's being used to try to make Jaxass relevant? Now she's gotta have scenes with RH's goofy ass too?

• Members

Count me in as another person who is really digging them together and their potential as a couple. They are cute together and have really nice chemistry. I am enjoying their scenes together, like the one from today's show.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Maybe it will be controversial but it seems to me that if Sonny really *was* one of the central characters of the show, or the "star", as the show and most fans would agree he is (and on paper he certainly is), the show shouldn't be working out so well while he is away on a storyline island cut off from every other character.

When Y&R's Victor Newman was presumed dead, a lot of what was going on back in GC was still haunted by his ghost. 
Here, everyone moves on and it doesn't feel like there is a void at all.