• Members

Pretty easy. Since I've been burning with malice at him barely skating back post-wedding from where I'm viewing. 

They set it up so well for him to get his comeuppance. So so well. I just can't believe he is even STILL on my screen being smug and starting drama with Liz of all people. 

I can't.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That makes sense.  PC had good ideas: bringing back Scott and Karen, the initial interns, etc. but it never felt like a true GH spin off.  Just a show that took place in the same building.  It tried too hard to be glossy and fresh and it fell flat to me.  I think the ingredients were there but the execution wasn't.

I think it may have been better to have a show peripherally tied to GH like Labine's show.  Ryan's Hope meets Bensonhurst.  And people from GH could come in and out, but it wouldn't be so tied to GH like PC was.  Where the events had to line up until, obviously, the show went off the rails into arcs... Idk, I could see that crashing and burning too because I wasn't terribly intrigued with Lois's 17 brothers or whatever, but I think it had the chance to be more interesting.  I just love Labine's GH years as depressing as they were.  I would have loved to have seen more.

• Members

I don't get Peter or Cyrus anymore. They're like little kids just poking their finger in every pie. I don't understand why the writers seem to do that. Why tie so much stuff to Peter again, like they did before and botched it? And Cyrus just has to be about the worst drug trafficker ever lol

There can be no redemption for Peter either. Either kill him off or make him the new villain, sort of like Helena or Faison. I know WR probably can't pull it off but I'd rather see that then a redemption arc.

EDIT: Despite everything though, that was a pretty good cliffhanger

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Having just watched the first year, you can definitely tell it was thrown together last minute with no plans. Literally months went by and barely anything was happening. It’s a shame Labine never got another shot at creating a soap. 

Also, thank you all for the deets on what happened with Kevin and Lucy. I did see the PC reunion story which I thought was so terrible that I stopped watching. Explains how I missed their big breakup lol.

The Serena thing is so odd though considering Scott exists and they seem to like him having kids on the canvas. Sasha also looks so much like Lynn Herring and her character would probably be better received if she was Christina and had that core connection. That would’ve been as organic as it gets. 

• Members

They finally brought Carly Schroeder as Serena back for the Peter Hansen tribute episode a few years ago, and she was excellent and still beautiful. And right after that she promptly enlisted in the military IRL, so that's that lol.

I have no idea why Ron broke up Kevin and Lucy seeing as reuniting them and restoring as part of the firmament would seem to have been one of his typical soap classicist goals, and that's what he accomplished in 2013. I assume that the affair with Scott, outing at the Nurse's Ball, etc. is just another example of his subplot shenanigans getting away from him and never being properly resolved by the time he left. That happened a lot with Ron.

• Members

It’s a real shame they didn’t give Serena a real chance and Carly Schroeder a contract.  She’s a solid actress and as Vee said, beautiful.  It was a chance to have a younger lead female with history and a personality, something severely lacking in the recast Kiki, Willow, and Sasha.

• Members

Entering April and...

...GOOOD this show reeks of propping. I cannot with the loops the writers are writing in to keep Peter around, Why is Dr. O who has went toe to toe in hand combat with Anna...IN A MASK TO BOOT or Carly who has pulled every trick in the book or even Maxie who has fake a pregancy and used to be the crafty schemer herself so scared of this nothing burger of weaksauce son of a GH villain I like? Uh...NO!!!

Yeah, that scene of Cameron picking on Jake was a bad one. WL has done better. That said, I do like there is family conflict in Liz's family. Those boys have gotten along for too long.

So is the next event we are building up to is the opening of Curtis's club? There is enough story building going on at least to have things happen.

I am just sadden that a month ago, there was momentum going on and climaxes and it fell flat in two weeks.