• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These Cam/Joss scenes are so bad. Makes me yearn for the days of Jonathan Jackson and Amber Tamblyn.

LW is learning firsthand how awful her SO is.

Just now, Faulkner said:

These Cam/Joss scenes are so bad. Makes me yearn for the days of Jonathan Jackson and Amber Tamblyn.

LW is learning firsthand how awful her SO is.

So they really let Lipton go off contract and didn't pair him with Trina, but he's still playing opposite that confused girl playing Joss? Interesting choices.

Posted (edited)

Same here.

I've always liked William Lipton but he needs some work on playing angry lol. Josslyn sounding and acting like Carly today was actually better than I thought it would be. 

But again, with their scenes, I felt that the writers seemed to hold back and not let Cam and Joss go all out in their fight. I was hoping for Cam to call Joss an enabler, or brainwashed or something lol and for Joss through Franco's past in Cam's face.

And, are they really going to go there with Finn and Liz?

Edited by AbcNbc247
6 hours ago, AbcNbc247 said:

I've always liked William Lipton but he needs some work on playing angry lol.

Yeah, he was better a year or so ago. He's picked up some bad habits. But he's still talented.

The kid playing Jake got so big. I didn't recognize him.

William Lipton needs a director. Period.

He has talent and he’s done good work — and I think that’s been delivered to him too many times. Now he’s either trying too hard to be an ACTOR or thinks more (that walk, those scrunched up faces) is always better. 

The past couple weeks have been a “WTF is that???” for me, and the producers at GH are doing that kid no favors. 

10 hours ago, Vee said:

Puberty hit him lol

I'm glad that Jake is being used again though. He was gone for so long, it was almost like the character was still dead

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Vee said:

For a bit I thought he had been recast and I was like, "Oh, that's too bad." After a while I realized it was the same kid and I was like WTF? Has it really been that long since we've seen him?

Edited by AlexElizabeth

He's one of the best kid actors they've had in a very long time, they're lucky he still shows up.

Sonny dancing with the broom ala Fred Astaire was absolutely hilarious.  Before you put him in a scene like that, be sure he can dance.  They're doing everything they can to endear us to the NuSonny.

Because I am a gossip and I like to read too much into this, I'd like to think GH hyping a "Alexis special episode" is related to the BTS shenanigans and a way for producers to send a message or at least pat NLG on the back if she doesn't push back further on the bullying she is on the receiving end of.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, Lipton's angry acting is cringe. I'll agree. LOL. I still like him though. And Vee is 100% right they are lucky to have found him and they're lucky he's still showing up. He's perfect as Herbst's on-screen son.

Are these kids getting any direction? Eden and Sydney are good but they too sometimes need better direction. So much potential but younger actors get kind of wasted on soaps.

I'd rather watch "Mike" than Sonny. But lord it's tedious. Can we move this along? lol. I imagine Phyllis and Lenny and Sonny open "Mike's Place" in Port Charles ... Sonny and Nina have sex and he thinks she's his soulmate ... zzzz. LOL.

Meanwhile onto today ...

Wow, Kevin and Laura in their very nice home. Finally.

And nice to see Nikolas and Ava. Feels like it's been a hot minute.

Edited by KMan101

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Tell a friend

Love Soap Opera Network Community? Tell a friend!
    • Hahahahaha!!! You did not!!!   Good to hear you are well, Vee.   Looks like I'll be forced to work partially for Shot 2 Day. Those will be cameo appearances and no lie...sick or not I will be a bitch. Moreso since a day delay is better than what the actual post office is doing with people's mail currently in our area (though it has thankfully started to go back to notice post-He Who Shall Not Be Named).
    • It's a strange thing to bring up 40 years later lol.  There has to be more to the story.  Maybe he didn't get paid, but GH's use of it helped it become popular, therefore helped record sales.  Idk, it seems like the actual use of it on GH and the popularity and eventual record sales would be worth more than royalties from a soap opera?  I guess ideally he'd get both, but GH certainly doesn't have the money to pay him now lol
    • Yep - and that’s when the ratings really started falling off. The episodes during the latter half of the dream season were frequently  no longer even in the top 15.   Ratings had even started to decline a bit at the end of the previous season (1984-85). How many more times could you break up/reunite the couples, or have the Ewings fighting for Ewing Oil? Bobby’s death was a chance to reinvent the show. But the new writers/producers blew it. And Lorimar and the network were more than happy to go back to the tried and true for the 1986-87 season. But the gas in that tank was almost gone. After one decent season following Bobby’s return, the quality of the show plummeted.   The finale was another missed opportunity - in this case, to wrap things up nicely and go out strongly. CBS still hadn’t officially cancelled it when production started on the final episode. Hagman was still hoping for another season. So they designed an episode which would bring back old characters, but not force the writers to explain where the returnees disappeared to in case of another season. So we got another dream. Ugh. Victoria Principal said at the time she was willing to return to put a “coda” on her stint as Pam, but she didn’t want to be part of another cliffhanger. We could have had a great reunion for Bobby and Pam had the production company been willing to make the call on the series ending.
    • It's very unfortunate that there was so much complaining and whining about the format. I often think that soap fans have no foresight in terms of what can happen down the road. Neither AMC nor OLTL were "my shows" (I grew up watching CBS soaps, for the most part) but I was eager to watch these shows, thinking that perhaps the show of support would encourage other producers to want to 'dust off' other cancelled soaps and revive them, on a less ratings-focused platform, where they could get a little more time to build and grow. Yes, Prospect Park was a mess, but there might have other production companies who might have gotten the impetus to join the trend, and they might not have been a mess. Who knows? And all those people saying "I would've watched if it had been streaming on Netflix". Well, Netflix cancels shows the fastest of all the major streamers, so there was no guarantee that these reboots would have been renewed. Hulu was hardly the hinterlands of streaming platforms. I wish that fans of these shows would take the time to think and ponder the possibility that a genre that skews as old as daytime soaps might not get another chance to see another soap stream anywhere other than in bootleg clips and episodes of varying degrees of quality now because there was so much moaning and whining on previous efforts.         And you're right, House Of Cards was extremely popular, so there obviously was a mainstream audience watching dramas on streaming platforms.   As The World Turns fans keep talking about when AOL provided a streaming platform for that show's episodes but I guess that was seen as acceptable since ATWT was still airing on a terrestrial broadcast platform, rather than solely in cyberspace?   It would be nice to see a day when ATWT, GL, etc. could be streamed on Paramount+ but we'd only get soap opera die-hard fans complaining about the shows not airing in their regular T.V. time-slots.
    • Exactly why the others were annoyed at Kandi...decades in the entertainment and she can go DIRECTLY to the head (in this instance NBCUniversal...Bravo's boss) and make some changes. I could see Porsha feeling a kinda way about it since she's been doing good herself with her new RHOA contract, her now contract with that ent agency, hosting BRAVO CHATROOM, protesting, getting articles in the NY Times, etc. But...she has not been around long enough to do what Kandi did. Heck, I finally was able to read that Voices of Bravo article from a few pages back and did not even realize that Kandi reached out to NENE about this as well. In the middle of Nene and her lawsuit at that.    Power. To paraphrase BUFFY...Kandi got it. The other girls don't. This bothers them.    Which is what Kenya has said a few times this season as well. Married or not, if Kenya and Bolo had done something the girls would have been all over it. So when Kenya does it, they want to grab their pearls?    I agree with the antiheroine label.
  • Recent Status Updates

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy