• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have a random question to more regular viewers than me. I really only started watching full time again in late 2019. My question is, as a PC fan first I’d seen all the arc years and am currently going back to watch from the beginning. From what I’ve seen based on PC, Kevin and Lucy are a major couple and at least for that soap a super couple. Considering they got a spin off I imagine it was the same on GH

My question is, do they ever acknowledge their closeness on GH? I can’t say I recall much of anything. It’s so odd as a PC fan seeing them so close and now Lucy is largely irrelevant and her history with Scott and Kevin seems so unimportant. It’s so weird seeing Kevin with Laura, a totally boring pairing IMO. 

• Members

Lucy and Kevin were married when they first re-appeared in 2013.  They had the whole Lucy thinks John McBain is a vampire stuff and I believe Kevin and Lucy were estranged.  Then Lucy had an affair with Scotty and Kevin and Lucy divorced by the time Kevin came back a year or so later.   The last time they really acknowledged Kevin/Lucy was a few years ago at the beginning of the Ryan stuff.  Idk, I figure it all was dropped for Laura/Kevin because GH doesn't care to play Lucy/Kevin.  It would require more airtime.

My first thought is they might possibly re-pair Alexis/Ned?  Their one night stand came out of nowhere, and he was so prominent in that episode yesterday.  It's weird they hardly touched the Sexis stuff.  It's a big part of Alexis's history.

• Members

Kevin and Lucy were together for awhile onscreen (with both on recurring, but featured fairly steadily) after the initial McBain story. It was the following summer, I think, maybe 2014, maybe 2015 where Ron unwisely broke them up when Lindstrom's appearances were sparse. (I know there was talk of Serena and Christina allegedly being cast at this time, but it never happened.) He even pushed a boring subplot where Lucy got briefly involved with Duke(!!). We saw them in Duke's hotel room after sleeping together but I'm not sure we ever saw them kiss and we definitely never saw them have sex.

Breaking up Kevin and Lucy was a massive mistake and while I love Laura and I know Genie loves being paired with Jon Lindstrom, the pairing of Kevin/Laura is boring as sin for both of them. I'd break them up yesterday.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I totally forgot that Duke stuff.  I just remember Kevin disappeared for awhile and they were divorced when he came back.  

Kevin/Lucy were one of my favorite pairings in the 90's, although they were more comic relief most of the time.  I would take them over Laura/Kevin or even Felicia/Mac. 

I often wonder how wise it was to make Kevin/Lucy the leads of a spin off.  They were both great actors, but were more B characters and a B coupling. I would love to know the thought process behind choosing Lucy and Kevin specifically.  I wonder if the Labine Ned/Lois spinoff would have done better.

• Members

I remember the rumor that Carly Schroeder was supposed to reprise Serena back in 2013 and they had cast someone to play Christina. I also recall when Lucy was thinking that the vampires were coming back to Port Charles. Mac mentioned he was about to call Lucy's girls. And wasn't there a rumor that Kevin kept going off to treat some patient back in Seattle was going to turn out to be Christina too? 

• Members

I thought spinning Kevin and Lucy off worked. I thought the execution of PC left a lot to be desired, but it had some good periods and bad ones. I don't think it ever fully measured up to the better later '90s years of Loving.

IMO the "rumors" in that period in the 2010s were at least 50% the invention of a very overinvested Kevin and Lucy fan. I think some of the more vague stories about what was planned for story for Kevin, Lucy and their daughters are true and got stalled, but I think others down to casting were pure fanfic being disseminated online.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I am okay with Kevin/Lucy leading a spin off, I just wonder if another couple would have worked better.  Ned/Lois were more popular I think.  And, assuming Rena stayed, it would have been an easier way for some of the power players of the late 90's-Sonny/Jax/Brenda and the Q's to cross over more frequently.  Though I imagine I would have tired of Lois's extended Bensonhurst clan.  Anyhow, I don't even know much about the Labine spin off so I could be wrong about it.

I think the Kevin/Lucy/Serena/Christina stuff was fanfic as well.  It seems unlikely they were setting Kevin/Lucy up for that much story.  They were barely used.

• Members

Even in 1996, Virginia Benson's set wasn't really trailer-park per se (at least to me), however nor it was a nice condo. It was however rather homely and modest.

Looking later in the clip/episode, they also completely overlooked the fact that it was Detective Felix Piser who Bobbie hired to seek out Carly that brought her to Port Charles, not Frank Benson. Carly convinced Piser she would give him money in exchange for his silence so she could scope out Bobbie's family (she believed they were loaded as both Tony and Bobbie were both in the medical field). 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92

• Members

How many evil deeds are they going to have Peter commit before he finally receives his comeuppance??? I was annoyed that the wedding was not the end of this travesty but they’re now saddling the character with more evil acts. It’s overkill at this point and Wes just gets horrible with each passing day.

Edited by MichaelGL