• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It does seem odd they are giving Alexis a special episode.  NLG is popular, but she's not TG or GF or even MB or SBu.  It's a great achievement, but it's not like Alexis has driven that many stories in 25 years lol.  She's had stories, but she's definitely more supporting than a lead IMO.   There are loads of characters on the show that have been on it longer that have never gotten anniversary episodes.  I'd be annoyed if NLG kept 'status quo' just because she got her own episode, though.  It kind of goes against everything she always standing up for on social media.

• Members

She is outspoken but she also knows where her bread is buttered.
It doesn't have to be a grubby deal or a quid pro quo - but a subtle way for producers to show their appreciation that she doesn't turn the way those men treat her publicly into a bigger thing. She speaks her piece but she also is the one who turns down the volume after she says it is not cool. She says "Let's work it out in private".
That's the mature professional thing to do and if I was her boss, I'd appreciate her being a team player that way. If she wanted, she could turn this nuclear because if that's the way they behave publicly, I bet the BTS stories could be career-ending for some of them.
So giving her an Emmy reel is an easy way to pat her on the back - and while Alexis has certainly been supporting, NLG is a great actress that can carry an episode.

• Members

i have to disagree. I think NLG is a daytime superstar who excels whether the writing is good or bad and who has been great on every show she’s appeared on. Supporting? No. I think she’s a lead.

I also think she’s earned this special episode.

• Members

Agree to disagree.  I don't consider her a daytime superstar, but I do think she is a great actress.  She does excel in pretty much everything she is given, but she's not given that much.  I have to say she is supporting to me.  She has definitely had years where she has had major stories, but she has also had a lot of time doing little to nothing or in a very B story.  She's never had a breakout pairing.  I don't know.  I would consider Julia on SB the role that made her famous and Alexis is just a role she's played longer.  

Don't get me wrong, I am fine with her getting an episode for Alexis as opposed to the usual suspects (Jason/Sonny/Sam/Carly), but I guess I just don't see why Alexis deserves one when many other characters anniversaries were ignored.  In the scheme of things I have no problem with it, but I definitely think it's strange.

• Members

During the JFP/Guza era, I considered Alexis a lead.  She has been on and off with Valentini at the helm.

To Nancy’s credit, she has been given a lot of clunker stories in the last 25 years, and managed to bring a character to life that was barely a sketch and was mostly defined by her, not the writing.  And when she is allowed to be Alexis- witty, deadpan, smart, exasperated and playing off good scene partners she is still fun to watch.  But morose for years on end is just a waste of what she brings to the show.

• Members

It’s sort of amazing: NLG and Lauren Koslow are the only women born before 1960 who’ve been reasonably  consistently written for (if not always written well, NLG rarely)  on soaps over the past several years.

Cyrus is such a lukewarm villain. This show used to be so good at baddies.