ALL: You couldn’t imagine THEM playing THAT story

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Actually Perry’s Rosanna had become a complete bitchy villainess by the time of her final run in 1999 I could easily have seen Perry’s devolved Rosanna with at the very least HB’s Craig, although Perry wouldn’t have the depth that McClain brought to the role at the time. 

Personally for myself on Y&R I can’t imagine either ED’s or BED’s Ashley ever hooking up with Cole and be in a triangle with Victoria. That would be beneath both Ashley’s but of course it happened under SS’ Ashley.

I definitely can’t see Davetta Sherwood’s Lily ever getting paired with Cane at all LOL.

As for B&B I definitely can’t see Nancy Sloan’s Katie be in anything that Heather Tom has done in the role, Sloan was too noisy. Likewise I can’t imagine any of the previous Thomases kiss a mannequin or fake in their death in a possible vat of acid. 

Their 1992 scenes together at Christmas and for Andy & Courtney’s wedding felt extremely awkward. 

• Members

I could personally not see Thorsten Kaye's Ridge in the middle of the Taylor/Ridge/Brooke triangle... or any of Ridge's early stories actually. He lacks the arrogance (for lack of a better word) that Ronn Moss brought to Ridge, which made his behaviour believable (but no less obnoxious).

• Members

Funnily enough, Eileen Davidson resumed playing Ashley at the tail end of that triangle. In fact, there used to be a juicy scene from 2000 floating around on YouTube where ED’s Ashley confronts Heather Tom’s Victoria at the GCAC, culminating in an almighty slap from the former.

• Members

I have seen many people say this but I can't quite understand why. I mean sure, the Luan story I don't see but I know people think Jack falling in love with Nikki was the start of the character changing and I have seen scenes where Terry's Jack was just as taken with Nikki and I could have easily seen him conning Nikki into marriage only to fall in love with her. 

This one in particular:

• Members

Yeah same. I think it actually would have made more sense for Terry to play out that story, with Jack being too weak to get Nikki into rehab and faltering to her whims and even being a bit of an enabler. I liked Peter, but he was too much a serious leading man and while it was great acting, it wasn't great Jack. Jack should have been out of his depth and Peter came across as too sensible.

Y&R - I honestly could never see Brenda Dickson playing out Jill finding out she is Katherine's daughter. I think Brenda would have died from disgust and horror, lol. Plus when Jess' Jill was training for a marathon. Like legit that was one of Jill's stories. I also could not picture Brenda and Eric as Victor and Jill hooking up and I am almost certain it would not have happened if BD was still there.

Y&R - I couldn't see ED's Ashley with Brad around 89-90 when that romance first began. Don was too boyish at the time. By the mid 90's I could totally see it and obviously by the time she returned it worked as Don had really grown out of that boyish phase. 

• Members

I've only seen a handful of clips of SF as Laura, but it's hard to imagine her playing an older Laura after watching her as Stephanie . . . when the scene called for it, she could exude a lot of warmth, but she was always SO direct and steely.  However, JLB's Laura was, imo, a total disaster in the 90's and her drive-by's in the last 20 years have been so bland (except when she plays opposite Lauren Koslow).

Ya, I can't see Marci Miller's Abby doing any of that . . . I can't even imagine her opposite Austin Peck in the Chad & Abby in Paris web series.  I actually love MM, but there is something so unpredictable about Kate Mansi's Abby that's really interesting and makes her super versatile.

On GH, and even though I LOVE him, I can't imagine Billy Warlock's AJ with Liz and that ons with Laura Wright's Carly (which was great, so of course GH had to ruin it).

• Members

I couldn't have seen BD's Jill nor Katherine team up against Nina during the initial Nina is pregnant story and post Philip's death story.

I also couldn't have seen  ED's Ashley married to Victor in the early 90s at least what played out on screen.  Brenda's Ashley stood up to Victor, gradually became close to Victoria, and promptly left Victor once he admitted still feeling something for Nikki.  ED's Ashley would have been too needy and indecisive when it came to Victor.

On the other hand, I couldn't see ED nor Shari S.'s Ashley being duped by Blade and his twin.  Though Brenda gave a knockout performance as she broke down once she realized the deception (even using violation and rape in her rant.)

• Members

This is a weird one for me. On the one hand, I have a hard time imagining Andrea Evans playing Tina on OLTL during many of her '90s stories during the more grounded Linda Gottlieb era, and I think Karen Witter fused much of Evans' energy with something more suited to the 90s. OTOH, time has shown us Andrea had great chemistry with Christopher Cousins' Cain when she returned in the 2000s. Further, Andrea's real persona offscreen is different; you see her in her rare interviews and her voice is deeper and she's a much less flighty individual than Tina. She can be serious and she can do grounded drama, as we know from Y&R. So do I think Andrea could've played the stories with, say, Cain or the social issue stuff with Luna as her BFF, yes. But do I think the Tina they often wrote for in her heyday would be suited for it? That I don't know. I think she would've struggled with the David Vickers mess.

Edited by Vee