ALL: You couldn’t imagine THEM playing THAT story

• Members

Glad I forgot all of this as it sounds like sheer bullshit character assassination where Mike is concerned (even if I much preferred MTW's version over RC's; Wesley Eure started on the show when I was around 2, so much too young for me to appreciate...).

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I can’t imagine Laura Wright’s Cassie having an affair with Josh behind Reva’s back (while Reva had cancer!) and marrying him on GL

I can’t imagine Deborah Adair playing a lot of the stuff Lauren Koslow has played, especially the flings with boytoys, as Kate on DAYS.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

On OLTL, I can't picture Jerry verDorn doing the real cowboy-heavy stuff that Clint Ritchie had to do some of back in the day. For sure, I could never see him in the Old West 1888 story. But the Clint B. of that time, and for years, was heavily molded around CR.

• Members

That wasn't really how the post-2000 stuff with Mike played out. I don't believe they ever said he was abusive in any way to Jeremy, just that Jeremy was an a-hole and they implied that he and Mike weren't super-close or that he felt like he hadn't gotten enough attention or something (which felt at odds with the fact that he seemed to have left the show to go back to Israel to help raise Jeremy). But it was all pretty vague, and when I watched it, it never really felt like an indictment of Mike as a father. 

In 2010, RC wanted to return for Alice's funeral but had some other commitment, so they shot his stuff separately. Because he wasn't filming at the same time as the other returns, he couldn't attend the actual funeral, so they had Mike get into a car accident on his way into Salem. He mostly appeared at the hospital and had scenes with Lexie, Jennifer, Bill, and Carrie. He and Carrie seemed to get some sort of closure on their relationship, but it was bittersweet. It wasn't anything amazing, but it was done pretty respectfully and certainly wasn't some kind of punishment toward Mike/RC. He got a final solo scene to say goodbye to Alice, too (I think as he was leaving the hospital, but he might've made it to her grave).

• Members

I was always ambivalent about his casting. I was familiar with both actors and liked both. CR had been my favorite on the show during his prime in the 1980s and I enjoyed the original trio of Buchanan men. Part of me was happy that JvD was given a prominent role on another soap with which I was familiar after languishing at the end of his GL tenure. I reasoned that, with CR's retirement having taken him off the show years earlier, it freed them to get a different spin and additional stories out of the character, not unlike what GH did with John Ingle's Edward Quartermaine after David Lewis left. That being said, it was kind of bittersweet to me to have a new Clint....new actor and new spin. Had I not already liked JvD, I may not have cottoned to nu-Clint at all.

Edited by applcin

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I cannot see Ilene Kristen's Delia playing out the King Kong, ahem, Prince Albert story on RH. I also couldn't see her Delia running the Crystal Palace in its heyday. The one Randall Edwards Delia story I could see Ilene in is the running over Barry Ryan plot. Jealousy, rage and acting before she thinks - vintage Delia.

• Members

Why I wish 1982 was available because Delia was trying to get back the Crystal Palace...and even IK said she has difficulties with the evening dresses and being manager of the Palace.

I couldn't have seen Catherine Hicks Faitg playing the Tom/poppy stuff on RH.

And I admit I would have been interested to see how the original Siobhan would have handled being a cop.  I couldn't see it...but the only Siobhan convincing as a cop was Marg H.

• Members

On SB, I could never see Robin Wright's Kelly saddled with the plots Eileen Davidson's Kelly got - i.e. the "romance" with Cruz. RW and A Martinez always had a big brother/little sister vibe, and no matter who was playing Kelly - did any SB fan believe Cruz would really go for Eden's sister?

Please register in order to view this content

OTOH, I would have liked to see what RW would have done in the Paris storyline, romance with Ric Castillo and the other plots that made Carrington Garland's Kelly so great. It would have been interesting.

• Members

I couldn't see Brenda Epperson's Ashley playing some of Eileen Davidson's messier stories like feuding with Victoria over Cole or having an affair with Victor behind Nikki's back. Brenda Epperson's character seemed more well put together and nice than the original Ashley. All that being said she was a great recast (dare I say the better Ashley). 

Edited by ironlion