ALL: You couldn’t imagine THEM playing THAT story

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They had plenty of chemistry. My issue was with how they played it back then - sappy Ava talking about her childhood dreams of being a princess. That's not who Ava is and depicting her in a normal relationship as a quasi-good person doesn't work. But the chemistry is there with both Niks.

• Members

I just can't see Ava/Nik working with TC in the role. I never saw TC as an engaging leading man. I have seen even the most wooden actors up their game with her (*coughMarkColliercough*)....but I can't see his Nik becoming emotionally connected to Ava.

I do wonder where Ava's story would've gone if the Nik story hadn't fallen through. Would she have still drugged Morgan because she was over-involved in Kiki's life? Or would she have come back all about Nik? If there's no drugging, there's no fire, there's no Griffin (oh, if only....) and possibly no Ryan.

• Members

I do wonder how long the character of Jill would’ve lasted on Y&R had Brenda Dickson stayed. She still looks great, but her style of acting and the quality of it I can’t even see lasting into the 90s. I either see her being written out or having a vastly different trajectory.

• Members

I do wonder if Dickson would have toned down the acting... because she was told to camp it up by producers.. which went against what Bell wanted.

I do think Jill vs Nina would have gone vastly different had Dickson stayed in the part.  I don't think Kay/Jill would have teamed up against Nina had Dickson stayed in the part.

At the same time, Jill vs Kay changed once Jess Walton took over.  Dickson was more controlled/sarcastic in her interactions with Kay.. with Kay acting angry.   Once Jess walton took over.. Jill became more intense and likely to get physical.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

To echo others, I can’t imagine Michelle Stafford playing anything Cynthia Watros is currently playing as Nina on GH, *especially* the Sonny relationship. CW is totally credible in soft, emotional scenes with Phyllis and Lenny as well as baby Wiley in ways that MS could *never* pull off.

Stafford has it in her to play emotion and empathy but she’s soooo self-conscious in scenes whereas CW is far more grounded. CW has done her best with a poorly conceived character and has made her watchable.

• 2 months later...