ALL: You couldn’t imagine THEM playing THAT story

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think it would have given all three actresses more notes to play.  Because AE could go over the top as Tina, but imagine her getting to play more heartbreak over just how bad Viki’s life was due to Victor.  Lots of layers to play in her escaping that, and then finding out Todd is her brother.  Plus the scenes where Dorian tells Tina what happened would have been cool to see, as they grapple with being trapped, each caring for Viki in their own way, and both also incredibly selfish as people dealing with their situation.  We could have had comedy and tragedy.

• Members

I have imagined Evans as 90s Tina ad nauesem but I never imagined her being held in the secret room with Dorian. I would do anything to see that. I love the scenes of 1985-86 Viki/Tina/Dorian. And I always felt that Tina made herself the victim concerning Victor so this would have really grounded Tina in that regard concerning Viki and even Dorian. 

What could have been! 

• Members

I think Malone and co. actually did a very admirable job channeling the classic Tina in an evolved form with Karen Witter in the role, especially with Luna, Cain, etc. I felt like it was Tina but updated for the times. I think Andrea could've played all that if given the chance. Unfortunately most of what she was given when she did return was camp, with the exception of some stuff in her final stint that was touching. That's the big reason Witter is still 'my' Tina in some ways, though I know AE is irreplaceable and would be the standard-bearer if the show were still on. I wish we could've seen her do more resonant work.

• Members

I am grateful that RC made up for the 2008 mess with Tina in 2011. Although when I rewatch the 2008 run, it isn't as bad in retrospect but at the time I was pissed. 

It is a shame that Dorian and Tina never shared scenes in 2008 or 2011 though. The 2008 run could have been a bit better if they sent Tina back to Llanview and in story with Dorian until Viki returned. 

• Members

I thought Witter ended up being an amazing recast.  As you said, she felt like Tina, just a little more mature and grounded.  But still Tina.  I loved her.

This would only work with Evans for me.  Think of the flashbacks to her finding out about her family ties!

• Members

I just mentioned this on the SB thread. Lane Davies' portrayal of Mason Capwell was so unique. Even though Terry Lester and Gordon Thomson were reasonably successful recasts, I can't imagine either of them playing Mason's split personality, Sonny Sprocket. I can't see either of them with Mary or Gina, either.