ALL: You couldn’t imagine THEM playing THAT story

• Members

I loved Andrea,  but I also really liked Karen Witter as well.  I thought that ended up being a pretty good recast back then.

Do you think Witter could have played the larger than life era of Tina?  Andrea had the ability back then to go big, but still make it believable for Tina.  Andrea always brought a lot of charm to Tina.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Technically, though, Drake Hogestyn was Roman with Isabella for about a year or so - until Wayne Northrop returned and the mess began.

As for this topic, I cannot imagine Michael T. Weiss' Mike Horton ever getting romantic with Carrie Brady (especially since she was literally a kid when his Mike was on screen!)

• Members

Oddly enough, as much as I say ED was stronger in the role, when it came to Victor I agree she had too much of a soft and blind spot. However in 1987 after the abortion and breakdown and marrying Steven, I felt ED's Ashley had moved on from Victor. He was still pining away for her and she was "I don't have time for this shiz, I am moving on" Bell grew her out of the fairytale phase of that love and ED did as well, which is why the Steven relationship worked for me. 

I felt like any end game potential Vic and Ash had was over and the marriage was simply because they were two lost souls trying to recapture something that was well and truly over, which is why it fell apart. By 1992 when the divorce happened Brenda was owning that role, even though I prefer ED overall, I love BE as Ashley as well. 

Though Bell wasn't writing the show then, he did like his incest stories, haha

• Members

I almost want to say Kate Collins playing RM's stuff (and Vice-versa).

After watching the early stuff of her 1st run, I think ate could be an entertaining 'sane' Janet. Early she was just awkward.

And I think RM could do Janet's returns but far more nuanced.

• Members

Yeah that was what I was trying to say about Roman/RoJohn although the character of Roman changed a lot under DH.  I just couldn't imagine gruff WN and Isabella at all.  Diana, I could maybe see him with, but not Isabella.  Then we could go into the two complete opposite Diana's we saw with GF and JC.  Two totally different characters in every single way.

I don't think Carrie would have worked with any Mike except RC for obvious reasons.  Did they even acknowledge there was an age difference even with RC?  I don't think so.  I think MTW and RC are pretty close in age though.

That goes into another creepy pairing with someone who grew up on screen.  AT's Emily with Sonny on GH.  NL's Emily was skeevy enough, but AT would have been a whole other level.

• Members

Oh gross.  I’ve never even thought of AT’s Emily with Sonny.  Vomit.

Say what you want about Reilly, but he absolutely invested in the Horton family as HW during his first round.  We had Hope, Laura and Mike return, Jennifer was often in lead stories, and Lucas was revealed as a Horton.  Plus we had visits from Bill, Doug and Julie.  I also remember thinking Tom Horton’s memorial was one of the nicer ones.

• Members

Yeah, I think RC is only a year or two younger than MTW, which floored me. (Critchlow struck me as a lot younger for whatever reason.) Of course, the fact that Mike was in his 30s for THREE DECADES sort of messed everything up, anyway.

I had completely forgotten about Sonny/Emily. I felt the need to vomit once I was reminded. And AT's version with Sonny would just be NASTY.

• Members

RC definitely looked okay with the younger crowd.  Even if at the very least he should have been in the Bo/Hope/Billie crowd.  But I think they really had no idea what to do with Mike and he had enough chemistry with CC to make it work.   It is gross to think he was married before Carrie was even born most likely.  How did Carrie and Mike end?  I know she left him, but did her and RC ever have scenes again?

Ugh it's gets worse when you think about the fact Sonny gave a sex talk to AT's Emily and Juan.  And he knew her when she was legitimately a child.  A not in a vague way.  Emily was always in Sonny's circle via Jason and Brenda. 

• Members

The funny thing about RC’s Mike is how they initially teased him with getting paired up with Marlena in late 1994 to the point maybe a dinner date was involved? I can’t remember except Mike being indirectly involved with DiMera at the same time. 

RC Mike and Carrie interacted briefly for Alice’s funeral in 2010 but as I recall because Mike had been revealed to be an abusive/neglectful father during the 2007 Jeremy story the show left his 2010 return be open ended and have him be undeserving to be there ie he didn’t get to see Alice before she passed.

• Members

There was a tease of Mike/Marlena, but he was only getting close to her because DiMera was blackmailing him and Mike found out the penthouse security code for him I think.  It actually might have been fun if Mardevil seduced him.

Does anyone feel like they could imagine PM's Austin falling for all things Sami or eventually pairing up with her?  That seems very specific to AP's Austin.