Days: November 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Honestly, watching the 11/18 episode (thanks for the recommendation @DynamiteKiddo), and I'm impressed! It feels like Ron's starting to find a bit of a groove without Corday breathing down his neck. Does anyone know who wrote that particular script?

If it hadn't been for the whole angle of Gwen trying to sleep with Chad, I would have argued that the most logical person for Gwen to be would be André's daughter, come to seek revenge against the woman who killed her daddy. But...unless they're undoing the blood relation again? I dunno. I just would rather not have it be yet another secret Kate baby.

ETA: oh duh. She arrived being in a relationship with Jake, so she can't be Andre's. Ughhh. 

Edited by beebs

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hmm... it appears that Ron was inspired by the wedding from March of the Wooden Soldiers when writing the scene with Jan hiding under the veil.

It's a wonder how nobody saw the darker (not Belle's) hair clearly showing through the veil.

And I'm still not sure if I'm glad that Ava's back or not but I would much rather watch TB has Ava then as Kim on GH.

• Members

I am technically as far behind as June but caught today's episode out of curiosity. I enjoyed seeing the Belle/Jan drama and weddong surprise but seems a bit rushed. I would have loved seeing the Jan drama milked through 2021. 

As usual the budget continues to hurt the show. I wish they could at least film on location at a small chapel for crying out loud. 

I am slightly interested seeing Ava and Phillip working together and Tamara at least seems to be having fun. I just have no faith in Ava working out this time. 

• Members

To be fair, the local chapel was blown up recently

Please register in order to view this content

I haven't watched the episodes, but that could've been a good thing to mention as to why it took place in Marlena's apartment.

• Members

The whole wedding is so plot driven it’s hard to invest. They should have done more with this storyline and wait for 3 months before the wedding. Kept Jan closer to Claire to find out more. Jan could manipulate Claire to get what she wants. 

What now? It’s probably all done in a few episodes. and Jan leaves town. Shawn and Belle Will be gone as well? 

Even if Shawn and Jan marry there is still so much storyline potential. Look at B&B Ridge and Shauna. Or Jan could kidnapp Shawn after the wedding with potentially hurting Belle. They go on a honeymoon or whatever. 

so why not more ?

Edited by dayslover

• Members

Ya, I was loving the Philip/Belle/Shawn/Jan story at first . . . but now, I'm really not into it because it's clearly a "fun" throwback short-term arc that RC was (in)famous for at GH.  I really want long-term planning for Shawn & Belle and this wedding is a. so cheap, inconsequential, and rushed and b. ties up all their loose ends and signals very limited story potential for them moving forward.  I know Shelle/Phelle has been done to death like four times now over 21 years, but it was working this time and they could have played it longer . . . they could have played all this longer like dayslover said.  Shawn & Belle used to be one of the premier couples and their wedding anniversary/remarriage shouldn't be a throwaway like this.  Just skip it if this is how it's gonna be lol.

In other Philip news, I NEVER wanted Ava back (now or 2015) but I really, really love Tamara Braun!  The Kristen friendship is hilarious because it displays what a farce Kristen's "redemption" is.  Stacy H played those scenes so earnestly, too.  Like, did she not read up Ava or something?!?  (And so much for Lani being her only friend.  And wtf about Jenn and Billie?!?)  I wonder if very much redeemed Nicole will get scenes with Ava down the line, too?  Anyway, with Cady in as Jenn, I embarrassingly feel compelled to confess that when Missy left in 2006, I actually wanted Tamara Braun as a Jennifer recast for a whole new take on the character lol.  And another embarrassing confession--I disagreed with axing TB as Taylor during the Great 2011 Purge pre-"Reboot."  Taylor was enough of a blank slate that she could've been taken in any direction and while TB's acting choices didn't always match up with what was written on paper, she was a LOT better than Natty Livingston.

• Members

I'm a bit disappointed that they've written Jan into such a corner as I would've liked to watch her manipulate and fake a friendship with Claire for a few more months as I've always thought Heather Lindell is great, though with Ron's love of recurring villains I'm sure she'll be back.

• Members

Hope's "house" looks like a clearance bin at Joann Fabrics exploded. So many mismatched prints all over the place. Just ick.  Is it asking too much to bring the actual Bo/Hope house(formerly Jack/Jen/Peter's) set back? 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

*rolls eyes*

Remember when we all said, why didn't Lani just grab the phone from Gabi during her non-wedding to Eli, why oh why didn't somebody just beat Jan to a bloody pulp and make her tell them were Belle was?

I know that most of the people at the wedding are not the sharpest pencils in the box, but they have to know that Jan has no friends in Salem and that she was probably bluffing about someone holding a gun on Belle

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

It looks like John might do that tomorrow in regards to Jan?

I don't mind this Jan story, but it's so rushed.  Or not even rushed, just Jan spending a lot of time doing a lot of nothing and she just amped it up to 100% crazy town overnight.  This story truly could have played out for much longer and would have taken years in the Reily era.  Plus, Phillip has been oddly misused in all this.  Are they playing a triangle right now?  Because neither Phillip nor Belle seem that interested in each other.  Days has a wealth of history to play with this, with long term characters, and it feels like they are missing a lot of beats.

Also this wedding needed a couple more people: Allie, Roman, Victor, etc.

It's not a bad story in theory, it's just losing me somewhere.  But I'd rather watch this than Lani/Kristen: BFF's 4ever.

• Members

I didn't really mind the storyline either, I just hate when characters are dumbed down for the sake of a plot. A plot that's probably going to be forgotten about by this time next month.

I don't think they're playing a triangle, at the moment anyway. To me, it looks like Ron is trying to establish Philip as one of Ava's victims, all while keeping him in character as the smarmy little troublemaker in order to cause conflict not just for Shawn and Belle but for Xander and Sarah too

• Members

She's been filming multiple Hallmark movies in Canada.  I am not sure if that delayed things or that was always the plan when she signed on, but I assume she will start filming soon.   Looking at the announcement it was kinda vague as to when she started right?  Late 2020 so that could mean the next few weeks or literally Dec.31st lol, but I don't think she is filming yet so I would assume the very end of the year or 2021 instead.  They possibly could have pre-taped stuff but she wasn't in the Day of Days advance promo.

• Members

I’m okay waiting for her since I know it’ll be a long stint. In terms of Covid it actually benefitted Days fans. Because Canada requires a 2 week quarantine, Hallmark is grouping their actors and post-quarantine they’re filming the movies back to back to get them in the can. That’s why Sweeney is able to return for a longer stint. If it were a normal year she’d be flying back and forth throughout the year to film those movies. 

Now with the exception of that dreadful and insulting rape story, I’m still loving the show. Every storyline except that one is good and for the most part well paced...until we got to Shawn and Belle’s wedding. Once I realized they weren’t married I wanted something bigger. They’re an important couple and along with Phillip they’ve brought so much to the show now that they have a meaningful return and not just guest spots to be a talk to. I agree with everyone that this Jan story could’ve been developed so much more. It feels anti-climatic. They should’ve saved this wedding for February sweeps at the earliest. I just hope this doesn’t mean Shawn and Belle will go back into hiding since we know there are various returns. 

On the subject of Gwen, I love that we don’t know what her deal is. I’m so used to knowing what’s happening because they film so far ahead. It’s nice watching and having no clue. I know many speculate that she is related to someone, but could it be that Abby’s alter did something to her? I’d prefer that to making her a relative of someone. 

Going back to this dreadful rape story, if they wanna rush a story I wish it was this one. We all know Tripp will remain the victim and Allie is the stupid girl who doesn’t know who raped her, but I wish they’d just get on with it. There is just no satisfying way to end this story. Much like the Black Lives Matter story, I don’t see how this story got approved.