Days: November 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben holding a gun at Vincent for almost the entire show was so BORING. The Salem Air Field looked awful. But at least it wasn't HTS. I guess due to Covid-19 and lack of a real budget. Ciara's funeral and memorial service weren't shown. Not that i mind.  Both Allie and Tripp deserve better than this crappy rape story. Poor Elani everything is Kristen this, Kristen that. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

To bring back Tripp as rape suspect or possible rapist is stupid. It a waste of a character with potential. Why can't Allie and Tripp have a romance. RC doesn't have the skills or talent to write this type of story.  I would've preferred they had a fling or one nightstand. The girl that plays Allie is green but she has raw talent. And deserves better.  Both actors deserve better. For awhile now Days hasn't let it's young characters enjoy being young adults. Everything has to be dark af for them.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I have to agree. Why couldn't they have just had a one night stand? Both actors absolutely deserve better.

Or they could have committed to a true rape story but that's not possible, especially under Ron.

I think there's a reason young actors flee DAYS like they do ...

• Members

nope

Marty and Victor Jr. spring to mind immediately

Sort of unrelated to that ...

I also want to rant ... you give a young hunky white guy a contract but then you bring on someone fans have wanted back since they left (Theo) and it's just a 'complication' and visit? 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Okay, now that we got the cliffhanger that, according to the DNA test, Tripp is the father of Allie's baby, I wanted to share my crazy fan theory. I'm guessing that the real father--and the man who actually raped Allie--will be Tripp's long-lost half-brother, Ava's other son who we never knew existed. And I'm guessing that will be Charlie, and I'm guessing that he's actually working at Titan as a mole, feeding info on the company to his mother (who I'm guessing is also Phillip's co-conspirator). 

I have no idea if my guesses will turn out to be right, but I'm excited to keep watching and find out!

Also, I'm living for those Jake and Gwen scenes. I feel like other soaps need to study what Days has done with those two, because THAT'S the right way to introduce new characters to the canvas. 

• Members

You're right. Maybe a one night stand would have been better. He could have turned to Allie on rebound to get over his feelings for Claire or Ciara, and overtime they develop a relationship much to Claire's chagrin.

You should be the head writer of DAYS

• Members

Add that soaps in general just don't have a great track record with telling stories about somewhat sensitive issues like rape. Too often it's been used as sweeps fodder to make me believe that this time, especially under a plot'n'camp based writer like Ron, it'll be done right.