Days: November 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree that the Kate/Jack thing has come out of nowhere. If the writers were going to go there, they should've been foreshadowing it much sooner so we'd think it makes sense and adds up.

I'm enjoying Cady as Jennifer. There's a bit more of an edge to the character, and with her in the role, they can take the character in new directions that they couldn't with MR in the role.

There does seem to be a missing story beat in these episodes though. Lucas should be at the party and enraged at seeing Steve there with the story with Allie and Trip.

Edited by pdm1974

• Members

Yeah. He had found her diary in the house that Kate had lived in with Curtis and Billie and Austin and wanted to turn it into a book and Kate wouldn't allow it because she wanted to keep her past a secret, I think.

From what I've seen of Deborah Adair, I really liked her too. Her vs. Vivian was a really good rivalry.

• Members

Back around when I first started watching US soaps, I absolutely loved and adored the family dynamic that Deborah Adair had with both Lisa Rinna and Patrick Muldoon, and I wish they could have found some way to keep Deborah on. 

And yes, agreed on the Kate/Vivian rivalry - she played against Louise Sorel really well!

• Members

This Jack and Kate thing is just so so random. Do Kate and Jack ever even share scenes together. It just seems like a reason to make Jack look like a bad guy again, as usual. Next step is death obviously. 

A lot of the emotional punch though is taken out of this storyline as Missy Reeves is currently gone and we have no history with Cady as Jennifer. They really threw Cady right into a big story.

I will say Marci Miller is a lot more alive this go round than her first time as Abigail. Hopefully she keeps this fire throughout.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members
2021 TENTATIVE PREEMPTION SCHEDULE:

Here are the 19 tentative preemption dates for "Days of Our Lives" in 2021.

Friday 1/1/21 NHL Hockey Winter Classic Game (tentative until NHL confirms schedule)
Wednesday 1/20/21 Inauguration Day
Monday 5/31/21 French Open early rounds
Thursday 6/3/21 French Open semifinals
Friday 6/4/21 French Open semifinals
Monday 7/26/21 Summer Olympics
Tuesday 7/27/21 Summer Olympics
Wednesday 7/28/21 Summer Olympics
Thursday 7/29/21 Summer Olympics
Friday 7/30/21 Summer Olympics
Monday 8/2/21 Summer Olympics
Tuesday 8/3/21 Summer Olympics
Wednesday 8/4/21 Summer Olympics
Thursday 8/5/21 Summer Olympics
Friday 8/6/21 Summer Olympics
Thursday 9/16/21 US Open Golf (pending confirmed booking date)
Friday 9/17/21 US Open Golf (pending confirmed booking date)
Thursday 11/25/21 National Dog Show
Friday 11/26/21 NHL Hockey (tentative until NHL confirms schedule)

**The usual Labor Day preemption, Golf Tour, is scheduled to end the Sunday before Labor Day, so that will not be a preemption.

• Members

I understand why people might hate this story twist, which came completely out of the blue. But I thought today's episode was really well done. The decision to just focus on this one story for the whole episode was smart, and I thought the ONS between Jack and Kate made total sense for both characters. 

I also liked Kate's scenes with Jake, and I'm looking forward to the eventual Kate-Jake-Gabi triangle this sets up. 

• Members

My biggest issue is that Ron had the chance to plant the seeds for this during all of the other time jump reveals instead of just making up a new story to be created through flashbacks all these months later.

It was well done but still annoys me lol

• Members

Yeah, due to the lack of build-up, it didn't really feel like soap opera storytelling at all. Instead, it reminded me more of old melodramas like Letter from an Unknown Woman

And I bet Ron just thought of this twist at the last moment when he was trying to imagine a juicy secret Gwen could reveal at the party. Although I guess part of the narrative function of the time jump is that it allows juicy secrets like this to periodically come out. Who knows how many other characters had secret affairs or even secret babies in that year we didn't see them!

• Members

They are so lucky to get Cady. She's so amazing. Doesn't she look so much like. Jamie Lynn Bauer's daughter?!  They should bring Laura back.  The one night stand twist is so tired but the episodes are well done. Now will Ron ruin Gwen and turn her into another Kristin, Hattie, Bonnie, Ava, Gina?