Days: November 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agreed that Emily O'Brien is amazing here. I especially love when she has scenes with Brandon Barash, because I get the sense that the two of them are improvising a bit and keeping each other on their toes. Speaking of Barash, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm glad the show remembered the Jake-Ben friendship today. Both characters could use a talk-to, and the actors have good chemistry together. 

I liked Cady's first full day of scenes (where her performance seemed to be deliberately channeling Missy Reeves), but today, she seemed a little too hard. That imperious sense of authority works with a character like ATWT's Rosanna, but it just seems wrong for Jennifer. 

• Members

I couldn't tell if Jack actually had an affair with Kate, or if Gwen just forged a letter that made it seem that way.

Also, although I greatly prefer Kate Mansi over Marci Miller, I'm glad that Miller is the one playing out this particular story. I'm not sure if I'd believe that Mansi's Abby would get duped like this, and I think I'd feel sorry for her. But Miller plays Abby's entitlement and self-absorption in such a way that seeing her get manipulated by Gwen is absolutely delicious. 

• Members

Well, judging by the spoiler pictures from next week, I think they really might have done it. 

And yeah, I do agree with you when it comes to the two Abbys. To me, Marci's Abby always come off as more a victim and therefore much easier to dupe. I have no problem with MM but I do prefer Kate.

• Members

Agree completely about Kate Mansi and Marci Miller. I do like MM better now than in her first run, though.

Not a fan of pairing JJ with Gwen. I don’t see any chemistry there at all. Emily O’Brien has been terrific, and she deserves a partner with the same level of fire. I like JJ as a character and the way Casey Moss plays him, but they’ve yet to find a great relationship for him.

i like Candy McClain a lot — and hope they keep her.

• Members

Clearly Ron is channeling it. But will the actual writing? I doubt it lol. Give me Laura back and we can talk (he slept with her too). LOL. I feel like we're past this with Jack though, so I'm kind of annoyed we're going down this path. Even if the drama could be good.

I'm also tired of Kate the town whore.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

You're right. It does seem out of character for Jack, especially since he was supposedly optimistic that Jen could have woken up at any time. It'll probably turn out to have been just a drunken one night stand, but I think we, the fans, will have a hard time relating to it since we didn't see any buildup to it.

As for Kate, I'm sure you've read about what happens to her this week lol Kate's been in that corner for a long time now. Unless they reunite her with Roman or bring in someone new to sweep her off her feet, she'll be stuck in that corner

• Members

Yeah, Kate's been put in this corner for a while and it doesn't seem to change. It's just hard to care about her sexual escapades. It's a bit ridiculous at this point. I mean, good for her, LOL, but they could do better with her.

And yes! Exactly on Jack. We can't relate to it at all because we never saw it play out. Giving us newly taped 'flashbacks' doesn't change the lack of investment. The audience has to see these things play out. Truly play out.

I'm not really sure why Ron thought this was a good idea but I guess he had to find something for them to do? LOL. I don't get it. 

Oh, and with the Jack crap, didn't they even go out of their way on the show to tell us over and over again that he was the doting husband by her side the entire time? Every day? The whole Hourglass thing? That's such a slap in the face. I guess there's a difference if it's a drunken one night stand, or an affair that transpired the duration of her coma.

I've been in the election loop all week so I haven't watched this week. I don't know everything, lol

• Members

Yeah, Ron really need to spend some more time on those storyline projections instead of possibly just going with the first idea that comes to mind. After everything Jack and Jennifer have been through, it doesn't seem likely that he would cheat so easily. 

Jack was lonely and horny? Hell, that's what was supposed to happen with Will and Ben in prison 

Please register in order to view this content

Neither do I. It's all supposed to come out this week.

• Members

I actually am intrigued by the idea of Jack and Kate, much more than her and Jake, but like everyone said it's so out of left field.  

And Abby may or may not have been the most awkward drinker alive lol.  She was slamming back champagne so weirdly in the corner and no one in her immediate family noticed how ridiculously strange she was being.

• Members

Your guess is as good as ours. All viewers know so far is that Gwen has been pursuing her vendetta against Abby for months, including drugging her drink with a psychoactive compound that caused her to have hallucinations and be institutionalized.

There's some speculation that Gwen might be Abby's resentful long-lost half sister, maybe conceived back when infant Abby was ill, Jack couldn't take it, and he fled the country. But again, the show hasn't yet had their big reveal about Gwen's backstory (which is presumably coming later this month).