Days: November 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's hard for me to care about Charlie because he's in a story with recast Claire, that I just don't think I'm ever going to warm up to. And spending a whole episode with recast Claire AND  recast Theo. It was too much for me.

I do like that LK is 67 and the show still portrays her as a sexy woman that is to be desired. I think it actually works that she's never been stuck in a supercoupling. I did like her back when she and John were a couple but that's been pretty much erased from history.

I'm getting more used to Cady as Jennifer, but I still would prefer to have Missy playing these scenes even though I was enjoying Jack and Jenn as a happy couple for once.

I do wonder how much further they will go with Gwen as the new town villain. 

Really enjoyed the Jack and Abby scenes today.  Jack really went in on Abby for doing that publicly, which I totally understand. As I said yesterday, Marci Miller is ten times more alive this tenure than she was last time. I still prefer Kate Mansi but with Marci checked in, I'm still invested in Abby.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Something tells me they're going to go far with Gwen. A villain that's not a Dimera is just what DAYS needs at the moment. I wonder if they're going to the route of having Abby and Gabi team against Gwen when Gabi comes back.

And agreed on Marci Miller, she is doing so much better this time. Her scenes with Jack just keep getting better. She's playing the anger and Matt Ashford's playing the anger and the guilt so well. 

• Members

Thank you! I appreciate your response because I'm clueless.

He reminds me of Eric Dearborn off of All My Children, Gabriel aka "Dog Boy"... Sue Simmons' nephew.

I have the same suspicions, but I found his befuddled take more annoying than endearing.

I have no sentimental connection to DOOL whereas I remember Cady from her first days on AMC when I was in elementary school... for me, she's a warm, welcome, familiar presence. 

LK gives me missing link between Robin Strasser and Anna Stuart at their respective heights of Dorian and Donna greatness, this stuff with Jake is taking me back to Dorian and Joey.

Edited by SFK

• Members

I agree that Marci really has improved a lot this time around. But I also appreciate the way the show is writing Abby as so smug and self-absorbed that I don't really feel bad for her, and I can take pure pleasure in the scenes where Gwen is trying to ruin her life. 

• Members

I hate what the cause of the conflict is between Jack and Abby but I think it was nice to give Marci and Matt some meaty stuff together. I like how Marci is playing it all, actually. And to be honest, they're writing Abby in character and that helps a lot. I didn't really recognize Abby under Marci last time. I do this time.

• Members

YES! He does remind me of Eric Dearborn. I was trying to figure out why Cameron Johnson looks so familiar to me and there ya go. 

I like nuTheo.

I'm happy to have Cady as Jennifer. I do sometimes wonder how Missy would be playing it because she was Jennifer for over 30 years. But Cady is doing a great job being thrown into this stupid Jack and Jennifer drama.

I've always loved Lauren Koslow but Kate has felt played out for years. Which is a shame because she doesn't have to feel that way. I almost feel like they waste her at times and often don't know what to do with her.

One of the biggest problems with DAYS is they write against what they should be writing sometimes. Like why is Maggie talking to Philip soon when it should be Kate, who's too busy humping Jake and being yelled at by Jennifer. I blame guarantees because the balance can sometimes suck, if that makes sense. I think that's why Kate's side stories get grief because when she should be used elsewhere, she's doing something like this and it becomes a turn off. 

Not sure I'm making ANY sense. Just doing my usual rambling.

Glad you're watching SFK! Ron has gone off the rails again, IMO.

The only thing remotely interesting to me right now is watching Emily O'Brien have a glorious time as Gwen and Shelle/Jan. Xander and Sarah are tainting Philip's return, as is the writing for Philip.

Charlie's cute. I'd care a bit more if he were Philip's son with Mimi, but that would make him related to Claire. I do wonder what they plan to do with him. I'd also feel more invested with Olivia Rose Keegan as Claire. Durant is passable and not a bad actress, but she isn't Claire to me. I feel like I'm watching a new character, honestly.

And, frankly, it ticks me off Claire finally has her parents in town (along with Philip and Jan!), scenes with Jarlena, a new love interest and it's played by a recast. I miss Keegan. Keegan had charm and a quirkiness to her that is totally gone.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Like I can just never get past recast Claire because she really is a new character under this actress. They can have her recite all of Claire's history every episode and it doesn't work, she's literally nothing like Keegan. She doesn't have the charm or energy that Keegan had. And like you said her parents are finally in town and it's under the recast.