Days: November 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

When a lot of your current online engagement appears to be twitter folks who will see this shít, acknowledge it's not good, but then say 'yeah but idk I think Ron is really trying and anyway I just like [Cin/other couple/character/whoever]' and keep tweeting through it, I think they have no incentive to change. Like I don't know how people still watch this stuff lol

Edited by Vee

• Members

Some literal LOL today at the sheer ridiculousness and skewed moral center. When Eli attempted to arrest John, I shouted, "Are you kidding me!?" When Marlena went to the chapel and softly prayed that Jan was okay, I blurted, "FVCK JAN!" A woman says she killed your daughter, and suddenly we're apologizing for choking the bitch out?? I'd expect nothing less. "I don't know what came over me..." Uh, the FATHER came over you.

Philip looks rode hard and put away wet. This is the same character who's an amputee right, back when the dude from The Real World played him?

• Members

I love JJ back and how he and Abby went to Jack at the end of the episode. I hope he’s here for a long time. 

would It be weird JJ and Chloe together? 

I do think Cady is doing great as Jennifer but I would have loved to see Melissa playing this. They finally gave Jennifer and her family something to do and I think this story will be here for a while. Maybe some reveal at New Year’s Eve?

• Members

Likewise, I enjoyed that moment. I hope he sticks around too.

It sucks nuTheo couldn’t stay longer as well since they supposedly came together right? I’m really confused why they recast and brought the character back just for 2 seconds. Too bad I can’t find the actor anywhere on social media, he was pretty cute.

• Members

Damn I hate that JJ is leaving already. So much storyline potential.

I have to say Days of our lives is good right now. But it's moving to slowly. I guess they have to do that because of the budget and not being able to tape 8-12 shows a week because of Covid-19 protocol. Or are they back already at there fast taping? You can watch half of the scenes of an episode and know what's happening. Those scenes between Roman and Rafe, it took a whole episode for Rafe to find out what happend to Hope, what easily could have been 2 scenes in the boring park.

I loved the Devereaux family bonding scenes. Gabby back to the Dimera mansion will give a new spin to Gwen's plans.

It's too bad that some storylines like the Jan storyline are moved so fast, but they take so much time for a reveal to Rafe that could have had less airtime.

• Members

Notes on the last several episodes:

Charlie and Zander have more sexual chemistry than vapid Claire (and non actress portrayer).  Zander being the gay/bi daddy to Charlie would be an interesting storyline.

I'd like to think the Jan plot was thrown together when Aly Sweeney delayed her return. But knowing Ron, this was his pre planned primary sweeps story. Those wedding scenes live along side all the other lows during his tenure as head writer.

In between the Jan crap, the other stuff has been great, including Kate/Jake, Jack's story angle, NuJenn, Doug/Julie's Thanksgiving.  I can even stomach Chad right now. Emily/Gwen is a revelation but Ron will likely turn her into a murderous psycho.

The lighting and sets have massively improved as has the directlng. It's hard to believe Alaar and crew had it in them after several horrible years.  The exceptions are the DiMera set and that tired Brady set. They should be thankful they have Noel Maxam and Scott McKinsey.  The episodes they direct are always outstanding.

Wasted talent: Eric Marstoff

Most Annoying Actress: continues to be Lindsay as Sarah. Her performances have gotten so bad, all the ticks and exaggerations.  I can't believe the directors are letting her do it.  They must like it.

Most Annoying Actor: Jay Johnson; he just don't got it anymore.  Time to retire Philip.  

Most Improved Character: John. I can't stand Drake's mannered performances, never could. But since his conk on the head, he's been more watchable.

• Members

I'm indifferent to Rafe. I had no problem when he left but I also have no problem now that he's back. I'm hoping that they don't pair him with Nicole. I like them better as platonic friends.

And JJ definitely should have stayed. He needs to be a part of this whole Gwen/Abby storyline. It would have been great to get his perspective about everything that's been happening and will happen as opposed to it just being centered around Abigail.

I always said Xander should have become bi-curious after his experience with Leo. He had chemistry with him and now he has similar chemistry with Charlie.

And agreed on Lindsay. I don't think she's a bad actress but she can do a lot better than what she has been doing recently. She reminds me so much of that typical NYC yuppie snob that I've dealt with all my life lol