Y&R October 2020 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

That's sad to hear, especially considering Nate was born onscreen. Then again, trying to think of any character born onscreen that has been written well in the last decade.

I hope either he or Lily mention how Nathan/Keesha's affair and the affect it had on their family is similar to the Elena/Nate one-night stand. But then again no one probably remembers or know about it on the writing staff. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Forever8 said:

I hope either he or Lily mention how Nathan/Keesha's affair and the affect it had on their family is similar to the Elena/Nate one-night stand. But then again no one probably remembers or know about it on the writing staff. 

There was a time when soaps actually tried to preserve some consistency in terms of characterizations. It would appear that those days are long gone. I'm not nearly as invested in these soaps as I once was--still, this strikes me as sad.

I hate how they've completely kept Theo out of the loop with Dina's passing. Even after Theo had words with Kyle about it, Jack completely left him out of the jewel distribution after he rallied so hard to make him part of the family.

Apparently next week Kyle "lashes out at Theo". Well, whatever way he does it, I hope Theo gives it back to him in spades.

And next week, Adam severs ties with the Newmans.... for the bazillionth time.

Had a good chuckle from this on Twitter haha. 

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92
13 minutes ago, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

I hate how they've completely kept Theo out of the loop with Dina's passing. Even after Theo had words with Kyle about it, Jack completely left him out of the jewel distribution after he rallied so hard to make him part of the family.

Apparently next week Kyle "lashes out at Theo". Well, whatever way he does it, I hope Theo gives it back to him in spades.

Daytime confidential says theo goes after dinas estate 

1 minute ago, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

Oh this will be fun to watch haha. Although I'm sure Saint Kyle will come out on top of it all.

The one thing i liked about Mal was his kyle. If only we could get that version back.

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

There was a time when soaps actually tried to preserve some consistency in terms of characterizations. It would appear that those days are long gone. I'm not nearly as invested in these soaps as I once was--still, this strikes me as sad.

So true. It would be interesting if Devon felt this was his punishment for Tyra & Hilary, if Nate wondered if he was going be like his father, all the while Lily refereeing and helping both sides from own experiences during her tumultuous marriage to Cane. Alas that would be too much to ask for if the show delved into that. 

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

8 minutes ago, soapfan770 said:

So true. It would be interesting if Devon felt this was his punishment for Tyra & Hilary, if Nate wondered if he was going be like his father, all the while Lily refereeing and helping both sides from own experiences during her tumultuous marriage to Cane. Alas that would be too much to ask for if the show delved into that. 

1 hour ago, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

When was Adam ever on good terms with the Newman’s outside of when Hartley was playing him?

11 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I remember reading that too several years ago but not 100% it’s accuracy. Would have been a little weird concerning Devon & Hilary even though their not bio-related (think ATWT’s Holden & Lily lol). Nate & Amanda though

5 minutes ago, Antoyne said:

When was Adam ever on good terms with the Newman’s outside of when Hartley was playing him?

Other than Abby at various times nope!

I flipped by today and damn Summer looked looked like a rag doll.  Awful.  

As for Adam I can’t turn to a Tamron Hall fast enough.  In the recaps it’s Adam wants revenge on Victor, Victor has a reckoning for Adam, Victor tells Adam of his love for him, Adam hates Victor, Victor loves Adam, Come home to a Genoa City, no - go Back to Vegas!  Adam wants Newman Enterprises...Adam wants Chelsea, Adam wants Sharon, Adam needs to be Spider again:  This show reads a total hot mess.  

October has been another month of mostly garbage time. It feels like the writers are just throwing random crap at the wall and taking whatever sticks.

The only stories I really care about are the older Abbotts, I’ve always hated Kyle since this guy took over. And the quad with Elena/Devon/Nate/Amanda.

Mishael and Bryton still have it in spades when it comes to chemistry, but I hope the writers can control themselves and not rush it.