Y&R October 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Dina’s passing was poignant, as expected, but it could have had more impact with a more thoughtful lead-up. Like a lot of Y&R these days, it felt a little generic. The actors did most of the heavy lifting. It didn’t have to be as prolonged as what GH did, but a happy medium would be nice.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’m sorry and no offense  but Michael/CLB’s silver hair/wig(?) doesn’t work for me at all. When I first saw it I thought “Who is that 80 year Fenmore executive?!?”

Dina’s last scenes were beautiful and moving I’m glad Esser wrote the episode it was fitting but I wish we had a bit more buildup. Just out of curiosity when was the last time Jerry Douglas appeared as Ghost John?

The quad between Devon/Elena/Nate/Amanda is the best thing on the show at the moment but I haaaate that it they may rush it instead of extending it further on. Nate and Elena should at the very least boink a second time with either Lily, Abby, or Billy spying on them to say the least. 

• Members

Thanks to the classics and the clips online, we got to see Dina's original run (1983-1986) where she served up that Alexis Carrington Colby fierceness. Dina's 2017 return breathed new life into the Abbotts. She was the real MVP of that family and Dina should've been cemented as Genoa City's grande dame.

• Members

At some point it would have been good to have Jerry back.

I envisaged Dina imagining that she and John had stayed together all these years  and in the Abbott living room John makes a speech about family etc.so all the Abbott actors be reunited for a final time.

I'm sure Jerry would have been pleased to return for something like that.

• Members

I’d love it, too, but Jerry Douglas is 87, and I suspect (not formed on any factual basis, but just a guess) that he may not be in rude health.

Add that to the restrictions they’re under, I imagine having 2 octogenarians on set may have been a risk too much for them.

My intention isn’t to come across as ageist, of course, just to cover that base.

But I agree, not having John/Jerry Douglas has left a hole the show has never filled. One the biggest misfires in the show’s history, in my opinion.

• Members

Oh wow - sorry I missed it.  I’ll have to find it online.  Would have tuned in for Dina.   They just don’t advertise anything now...from reading the recap it sounds nice.  In the minority but I liked Back when they did the young John and Dina and family. 

• Members

Dina’s exit was very well done, but I agree that one episode just wasn’t enough. I guess Covid is the reason for that decision. Marla Adams was excellent. It’s not easy to do these emotional scenes with no one even touching let alone hugging.

Michael’s white hair was ok, if only because the dark dye jobs were so bad. He needs to cut it shorter, though.

• Members

As a person who has gone through this with a parent and watching them die as well this hit me. Marla did well in those scenes. I do agree if covid wasn’t a factor we would have gotten more touching, hugging but they all did well to me