Y&R October 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Re: Byron &Brytni--There used to be a joke that you could tell when two actors had something going on behind the scenes because there was nothing going on onstage or onscreen. 

Re: Bryton & Mishael--The two actors like have an ease borne out of familiarity. If you think about the times in which we are living in, I'd guess that familiarity and cultivated trust would be even more welcome.

Then, if course, you have the outliers who, get carried away and literally carry their onscreen/onstage relationship to real life.

...but that's a whole other topic.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I also wonder part of that is how Elena is written as a character. Until recently there hasn’t been much depth to Elena, but from what I’ve seen the couple look fun in real life. 

The fantasies were okay but it was a lot of whiplash in the transition. Abby’s fantasy of Adam vs Chance was particularly awkwardly bad lol. 

I’m wondering if Summer really does have some type of mental issue?

• Members

I’ve just put it down to the writers leaning into (and playing up to) the fact she’s her mother’s daughter, and taking the worst of her behaviour. Not quite 90’s version, but not too far from it.

Maybe there is more to it?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by LondonScribe

• Members

They do have chemistry. So do Bryton and MIshael. Of course things look better with Amanda now that Elena is a disaster.

I didn’t enjoy the episode, either. For one thing, these fantasy episodes have been done so many times there’s nothing new. For another, we know that nothing will come out of anything that happens. It’s a waste.

• Members

It’s been mentioned a fair bit that one of the main issues with Y&R and B&B is how unnatural they look with the stilted filming and distance between most of the actors, even when the characters are meant to be in love.

Now that all of the soaps are broadcasting post-lockdown material, and seeing how they’ve approached the new challenges, I wonder if CBS have mandated that their shows do what they are doing. Like a ‘seen to be observing social distancing and COVID rules’ diktat.

Whatever it is, it sure makes for a much ‘colder’ and more ‘aloof’ televisual experience.

• Members

Were we supposed to care that Adam is going back to Adam Wilson?

I’m glad the writers are tackling Theo feeling left out. The family just preached and went on and on about being Abbott’s right in front of him, knowing damn well he’s not an Abbott.