Y&R October 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Dina going from Bill Bell's version of Alexis Carrington Colby to Genoa City's Grande Dame would've been an amazing evolution for the character but sadly it wasn't meant to be.

Marla Adams was so fierce in her first run, and she was 44, almost 45 when she started on Y&R and 47, almost 48 at the end of her first run. The female in the current cast in that age range wishes they were that fierce 

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I will say I didn’t love the final shot being the lifeless Dina slumped over in her chair. Why so much gratuitous focus on the moment of death and the last breath? It would have been more effective IMO to have a wide shot of the mourning Abbott family or just the photo in the background...little quibbles.

• Members

I can’t believe the secret is already out. I enjoyed Amanda figuring out Nate has feelings for Elena, but then we immediately got the reveal. Too fast.

Kyle did when he ran into Theo, but no the Abbott’s did not give two shits about Theo lol.

• Members

This show is hopeless lol. They finally have an interesting triangle and a classic soap story and they already revealed to Devon that Elena chested?! Why not have someone find out and hold that over Nate/Elena’s head?? Amanda could find out and use it to her advantage. Hell, LILY could find out and be conflicted over whether or not she should tell her brother and break his heart or protect her cousin. It would also provide tension between Elena and Lily with her having to keep the secret. Then there’s the classic Who’s the Daddy aspect you could play. Instead, it’s yet another two week story where they took the least dramatic way out. 

• Members

I hope a paternity thing could still happen, but the potential stakes and drama have already been ruined. It’s almost as if they were forced under gunpoint to do That Black Storyline and just wanted to get it out of the way, so they can bring Adam/Chelsea back to their rightful place as the center of the show. But one of the first rules of soap: milk that sh!t. Wring every bit of drama out of the story until the tension is unbearable, and fans are on the edge of their seats. GH is doing their Ned/Alexis affair story, which will be good as a comparison in 2020.

I will say Brytni and Bryton are selling this story and already have their Emmy reels.

• Members

Jill was written to fill Kay's shoes from the first day she walked into the Chancellor estate back in 1973.

It's a crying shame that current, and latest crop of writers, ignore that viewers have had 3 decades of excellent writing setting that up. And Jess Walton could be so amazing at it. 

Instead we get Kevin and Chloe sponging off Esther in the Chancellor mansion. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Wow, reading your description and having Lily caught between loyalties sounds so much more interesting than a WTD story, which soaps overuse and rarely do well anymore, imo. Having various people find out and wrestle with the secret --sounds like it could've been interesting. 

• Members

It is sad because they finally cast the character with a gorgeous and charismatic actor. Just feels like particularly a waste. There’s no there there. Another black male character written as deathly dull. And they’ve completely isolated him from the rest of the cast. Chance, another bad character, at least mixes it up with more people.