Y&R October 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

All i can think of is 90's Phyllis compared 2020 phyllis arguing with Abby, 90's Phyllis would have had Abby [!@#$%^&*] her pants or probably would have tried to murder her lol

I don't think any amount of break time from the current show will have any effect on how the writers that are just not getting it right, if anything the classics should have inspired them to put some more juice into there sinking show.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So the show does put effort into things on occasion (i.e. Dina's farewell).  I know a lot was said about Dina's complicated relationship with Jack and Ashley..but what was her relationship with Traci like?

Phyllis is a played out character..and MS needs to reign it in

• Members

I know it's sort of funny when they wanna put good work in you can the big difference compared to majority of this hem and hah dialogue.

I'm going to miss Dina as i knew her time was coming soon i just had hoped they could have done something to make her last but i guess it's the ending of an era. She will be missed dearly

• Members

Meanwhile, I'm watching the promo again, and my eyes are transfixed on how Dina is holding that gun.  Was she about to deliver the killshot?  Who knew Madame Mergeron could be such a thug, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I haven't watched in weeks but I will tune in to see Dina/Marla Adams farewell. I was actually fine with the Alzheimer's story for Dina. It grounded the show back in reality for a bit.  Reminds me of the last time I took a hiatus, and then we lost Jeanne

Please register in order to view this content

At least this time Marla is here to say goodbye.

I haven't been watching, what article is this?

• Members

I guess the only positive is that Dina has gotten the chance to make up for lost time with her family and mend fences somewhat and they didn’t kill her off-screen for some crap “shock” moment. 

If only the story leading up to this was better and worthy of Marla’s talents - she always brought so much to her scenes though, even when they gave her very little.

• Members

That was more out of desperation after Brent had told Ashley about her paternity, leading to the latter’s breakdown. I watched those scenes in the vault and they were amazing. Both Marla Adams and Bert Kramer were dynamite in that scene.

Unfortunately it wasn’t Brent who got shot in the end, but rather Kay accidentally after she walked in on Dina about to pull the trigger.

• Members

There is a media company called Chancellor Communications (ChanceComm) that is owned by Jill, and run by Billy and Lily.

Billy ran an article (exposé) about Adam's many sins through the years.  One of the things in the article was what Adam did to Ashley by gaslighting her and switching Faith.

Ashley's reaction - transcript from Oct 2:

Ashley: Jack, everything Billy published is the truth. And it's a little distressing being reminded of that difficult time, but... it's not gonna break me.

Jack: Wait. I would think you'd be a lot more upset about this.

Ashley: I don't know what happened in Kansas, and I don't know what happened in Vegas, but I do know that during that time in Genoa City, Adam is 1,000% responsible for every single last thing that he's been accused of. And the cruelty that he inflicted on people, namely me, only proves that he's impervious to human suffering -- except, of course, his own suffering. And isn't that the very definition of a sociopath?

Jack: You of all people are entitled to that point of view.

Ashley: Yes, thank you. I am. And I'm sorry if Faith is hurt by this, and it's unfortunate if Victor suffers any blowback. But all Billy did -- [ Scoffs ] All he did was peel back the curtain on a vile, contemptible human being. So whatever happens to Adam, he had it coming.

Edited by janea4old