Y&R October 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My problem is that, aside from Amanda, these characters exist in their own little corner of the show. That’s not satisfying to me. I’m not particularly invested in Nate or Elena in spite of the charismatic actors. Who are these people? Who are Nate and Elena’s friends? How does their sex ripple and have consequences beyond just a betrayal of Devon? Maybe I need to watch more to know...

That said, people seem to be into “Elate” on social media.

• Members

See? This could be so much more if they would play the fact that he's a Barber more. Or even better bring Olivia back to remind people who Nate is. His history on the show. Is he not a legacy character? One would not know given how he's been used since he's been back. And they can play up the relations between him and Devon more. Not to mention Lily. 

• Members

Exactly. Nate might as well just be “Dr. Jason Jackson“ instead of “Dr. Nate Hastings, Jr.,” for all the use his connection to Y&R history has given him. They are trying to make him as bland as possible so they can do whatever they want with him. They lucked out by casting a gorgeous, gorgeous man. But... meh.

• Members

He’s definitely the best adult Nate they have cast on the show thus far but his history hasn’t been explored at all. I mean does he even mention Olivia? Terrible!

Same thing with Theo, the show went out of their way to make him Stuart Brooks’ grandson but the Brooks connection hasn’t even been explored at all.