Y&R October 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Adam is what happens when HW’s & EP’s has the complete lack of foresight and makes shortsighted decisions for pure shock value. I mean they wanted their own version of James Stenbeck from ATWT in Adam what we have gotten now is a big mess. This latest Kansas retcon has been pretty unnecessary and uninteresting. 

• Members

I'm catching up and it's just so laughable... everything happens by text. "Oh, Chloe just had her baby" LOL. Kyle and Summer: "Oh, we had so much fun in Chicago, next we can go get our marriage license and get married" as they sit in a hotel room. It's so embarrassing. 

I'm betting that they won't show Dina's funeral and will just have them sit at the coffee house and say what a nice service. Hoping we at least get old clips.

• Members

I'm watching some episodes and the Amanda/Devon/Nate/Elena stuff is pretty good. I do like the Phyllis/Amanda scenes, but MS is stuck in her old tricks again. Christel Khalil looks great and lively without the boring Cane. I enjoyed her scenes with Victor. 

• Members

This is my first time watching new episodes since I can't remember when. 

The Amanda/Devon/Elena/Nate quadrangle is the most interesting I have seen in a while. I just really wish they would go back to the Bell days of directing and music. It would add so, so much mood and atmosphere. I hope they have longterm plans for this quad and all involved. 

Chelsea, Adam, Nick, Phyllis, Victor. Just blah. Good Lord. Same thing year after year. I can barely understand anything coming out of Victor's mouth. And WTF is Michelle doing in her scenes? I wish they would make Phyllis just a straight sociopath. The new Chance is a no for me. Is he supposed to be country and western? 

This is the most refreshing I have seen Lily in years. Glad Cane and twins are out of the picture. 

I do like seeing everyone having actual jobs though. 

I have probably said this many times before but I have no interest in the Abbotts or Newmans anymore. I really wish they would bring Olivia back and focus the show on the Barber-Winters, give Traci and younger character to mentor and focus on Sharon/Mariah/Faith. I have little attention span for anyone else. I would love to see Nina come back and a recast Chance too. 

• Members

I saw the episode last night (because, the internet) and by the end, I just sat in silence and took a deep breath.

Given the restrictions they are filming under and the extra care I’m sure they took because of Marla Adams’ age, it was very touching. Janice Ferri Esser was the correct writer for this episode.

I do think you’re right to give it a swerve for now for the reason you gave.