Y&R April 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yep, she walked away from a great role — while she now is apparently fine with a lousy role that gives her a couple Emmy showcases a year (cue the sobbing, the crying, the screaming,  and the dying). The character of a Katie is all over the place, and while Heather Tom has multiple Emmys, that role is nothing to brag about.

Bottom line, she’s been gone from Y&R for 17 years. In my mind,Amelia Heineken is Victoria, and I’m happy with her.

Yep, she walked away from a great role — while she now is apparently fine with a lousy role that gives her a couple Emmy showcases a year (cue the sobbing, the crying, the screaming,  and the dying). The character of a Katie is all over the place, and while Heather Tom has multiple Emmys, that role is nothing to brag about.

Bottom line, she’s been gone from Y&R for 17 years. In my mind,Amelia Heineken is Victoria, and I’m happy with her.

• Members

To be fair Victoria was getting watered down big time towards the end of HT's stay on the show (with Victoria moping over Diego for example). It was a time where soap actors still had options. And she chose not to drive the role she made iconic to the ground.

• Members

They wanted to make her just a romantic heroine.  To turn her into the worst versions of Nikki- her life was about the man in her life only.

Plus she was being asked to take a cut that I do not think the likes of Josh Marrow were being asked to take at that time.  They were diminishing her worth on the show.

Victoria was a complex character, and the one I watched as played by Heather Tom absolutely could hold her own or better many of her scene partners.  And I went through several periods where I could not stand Victoria.

Had they followed through on the potential, Victoria could have been the one fighting with Victor and Adam for control of the family and it would have made perfect sense.  The constant attempts at forcing Nicholas into that role is laughable.  It does not suit him.

• Members

THIS. They should have kept Victoria as she was. But I will leave this alone since HT leaving Y&R has always been triggering for some as much as YR leaving Y&R can be. 

Peeking in on today's Y&R today and saw Amanda with Nate and her mentioning that she was given up as a baby and been in foster care. 

Things to make you go hmmm.  But have they revealed much of anything since Amanda appeared about her backstory other than that stalker I read about in recaps.

My apologies. Also all of THIS. 

• Members

I really liked today's episode! Loved Victoria giving Alyssa the low down on Adam! I hope they can bring him down! Loved Phyllis and Nick today! Their chemistry is amazing and I hope they can make it work this time, though I missed all the other times they were together so I dont know what happened all the past times. Also feeling the major chemistry between Lily and Billy! I wanted them to kiss so bad! Hopefully we won't have to wait too long!

Maybe Amanda is Hillary's long lost twin given up at birth? Probably. Maybe Devon should find out when her birthday is. Are Malcolm and Olivia supposedly still together? I'm glad they didnt go with Amanda and Billy getting together, I feel more chemistry between him and Lily and between Nate and Amanda