Y&R April 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It’s awful and was completely unnecessary, plus no idea why they keep retelling murder mysteries for Adam vs. Victory stories. It didn’t work in 2008 and it doesn’t work in 2020.

Thankfully this break comes just in time the show is at a low, very stale point.

I wonder if these are eps when Katherine was visited by the ghosts of Rex, Phillip II, and yes Phillip III while having drinking issues again? 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

4305 is from March 01, 1990 when Marge and Katherine came face to face for the first time.

7917 & 7918 are from July 5 & 6 2004 with Katherine's intervention and seeing the ghosts. Nice that they're doing two continuous episodes.

• Members

Still not believable that Victor would turn over his entire company to Adam just to spare him finding out he caused a death when he was 11. At that point, he would have told the whole story, so none of this works for me.

Also, what’s with Kyle — one day later — feeling guilty about firing Theo? Ridiculous. I also don’t accept Jack going along with the firing and turning on Theo as he did. 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

As I've having been watching regularly can someone explain...

Wasn't Adam all over Sharon when he returned? What happened to that relationship?

Adam was determined to be a father to Connor. What about Christian, his other son being raised by Nick?

Does Chelsea have any interest in Johnny, her son with Billy?

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

I haven’t watched Y&R in ages.  Even in her opening credits shot, Amelia Heinle looks miserable.  It is so interesting to watch her in current Y&R and the Loving Murders that have been posted.  I had no idea she used to be kind of fun and engaged. 

• Members

I couldn’t find a point perfect place to put this in (-the bin was full

Please register in order to view this content

), and didn’t think it quite right for me to start a new thread.

Given some of the recent comments about the type/quality of writing and storylines in present day Y&R (though never as a broad brush stroke), if you had your way, and could make a decision on the stewardship of show, (and felt Josh Griffith couldn’t simply benefit from a firm steer), who would you name as Head Writer (whether they are active writers or not) and what sensibilities do you think they could bring to Y&R?