Y&R April 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Adam had 10 years of awful writing until he was mercifully written off.

Then he's brought back with a perfect opportunity to reset the character and instead he's the same sociopath he was before .. Why Chelsea or any self respecting woman would come near him is a mystery.

• Members

Lol I shall never forget back in 2012 when Khalil went on recurring she went out looking for a new job and got an audition lined-up which to her utter dismay was for the role of Lily!

Lily will do fine without Cane. CKLily did some solid work with Graz and Billy Miller back in the day and from her guest appearances in the past year has matured even from a few years ago. Khalil gotten more modest as time has gone on it seems as well. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Adam doesn't even have a staff at Newman to lead. I can't even remember the last good business storyline on the show. 

Hamilton-Winters is shown more being into charitable endeavors. They should've kept Power Communication and have Lily and Billy work there instead of a two person company.

• Members

They are forever starting new companies and vague business ideas.

As for extras Society and grand Pheonix have people wandering around but Crimson Lights always seems empty as do Jabot and now Chancellor.

Why would Chancellor need to use Dark Horse offices? Wasn't Chancellor always based In GC? Who owned Dark Horse anyway?

They made such a fuss over the set and Nick running it and than it was dropped.

Hate that they constantly introduce things and then dump them for something equally as inane.

• Members

Dare I suggest it’s simply because Griffith and Morina created Society and The Grand Phoenix so may have more of an investment in them and their perception. Which is a shame because (in my view) they are gaudy-looking as heck

Please register in order to view this content

especially compared to the other public/business sets.

• Members

I know, right? And we never see Billy at his desk, just always sitting on Lily's sofa

Yea Society looks like Crimson Lights 2.0 instead of an upscale restaurant and why is Phyllis and Abby always hanging out at the bar in The Grand Phoneix? They would be spending most of their time in their office inside the hotel, not hanging out at the main entrance all day long sipping on martinis

• Members

Actually back when the dreadful Natalie was on back in 2016 it was stated Connie retired and that’s why she was working at Newman as her replacement. 

Please register in order to view this content

And what is this, the fourth or fifth Victor/Adam story involving a murder cover-job/frame job? How long before “Hope’s secret diary” gets produced? 

• Members

Speaking of business stories....

Why would Kyle and Summer need the Jabot boardroom, telling Theo to leave?  Does a 2-person meeting require a boardroom? And why wasn’t Theo in his own office in the first place?

No, even though Jabot is a huge firm, Theo ends up at Society, working at a table next to the bar.

WTF