Y&R April 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Y&R losing #1 is a clear sign that Josh Griffith needs to go.

Not digging the Kansas rewrite to create another Victor/Adam conflict. Hopefully it'll blow up in Adam's face.

The rest of the storylines are garbage time.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I personally LOVE Nick and Phyllis I think they are so HOT together and they are the main reason that I'm watching But I havent been watching the show the last 15 years so I only saw Phyllis and Nick together 1 time and that is when she got pregnant with Summer and it was so long ago I only vaguely remember it. So it could be why I like them together so much. I think Josh and Michelle have great chemistry.

• Members

Y&R has problems, but it did not lose #1. Those ratings last week were worthless, because Y&R was pre-empted or shortened most days. The ratings that came out today showed a huge surge for #Y&R and it’s securely back on top.

i don’t like the Adam/Victor storyline either. They’ve gone this complete ruination route too many times. I really think the writing has let down Mark Grossman. He’s a great Adam, but his first months were just incredible— there was this mystery and strength about him that’s now gone.

This Adam seems immature and childish and selfish, but without that mystery and strength. I blame the writing. 

• Members

Exactly lol. Dena Higley IS the new Y&R headwriter!

I kid but ... many folks just don't want the stress of the job, as much as many of them may *want* it they ultimately know it's not worth it. That's why I keep telling DAYS fans that Ron is most likely "it" until the end.

Do they even care about "saving" the show at this point? I know some talking heads on twitter think so but I don't.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

And how many times do we bang the drum on getting rid of individual teams of HW/EPs? It’s the people who hire them who deserve scorn, and they dodge accountability more often than not. But Steve Kent and crew don’t seem like they’re going anywhere...

• Members

I've been bitching about Kent. But no one cares beyond us. They don't even know who he is. Yet he's very much to blame and hasn't he blocked Rowell for over a decade? I tried to call him out on social media but no one cared and even bitched at the thought of bringing Drucilla and Rowell back. 

• Members

Not you specifically but I just feel like if a manager at some company kept hiring incompetent sh!theads who didn’t deliver, they’d be the ones in question. (Although we’ve all seen people like that thrive in corporate environments. But their colleagues wouldn’t be fooled.) Then you realize TPTB consider the creative shoddiness a feature, not a bug. 

• Members

They actually brought it up on screen

Adam is the only person Nick forever holds a grudge against, he forgives everyone else  seeing as in the past few years, the other two women he reunited with had previously kidnapped his Kids!

• Members

I was watching the Noon news and forgot to change the channel because I was on a Con Call.  When I looked up, I saw a show that was watchable, and realized it was a rerun Classic Episode.  More of this, Please.  I might actually watch.  It might have been a little campy, but I was watching.  I've never watched anything other than CBS.  I actually think now that DAYS could romp over this.  Never would have believed it.