Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, he does! And his chemistry with Tom was always as hot as he is.

This is such a great example of the fun Phyllis and you can still see that dark, scary undercurrent.

Always nice to see Doris. Such a unique presence.

Heather as Victoria was an absolute treasure. One of THE biggest losses this show has ever endured. She should be the lead of Newman by now, her own version of Victor. Instead....

This episode is a reminder of the softer, sweeter Victor and the beautiful relationships he had with his kids.

• Members

Totally. And you could see the kind of character that could have been. Powerful yet not sacrificing the vulnerability (edit: this scene at the end where she’s silently examining and intimidating Sharon is a great example) instead of this cowed and uncertain creature Amelia Heinle is playing. But then you realize how difficult this would have been for a new writer to handle, especially with the pressure to make her into a watered-down ABC heroine in the 2000s.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Same

Love the contrast as well.

Sharon Case was definitely green. I also wonder if it's how she chose to play Sharon. Maybe a mix of both.

I miss Karen Hensel as Doris and Crazy Phyllis.

I always lol when I see Karen Hensel on Mama's Family as Olga.

Please register in order to view this content

I remember watching in 1998 and just not really caring much about the Nina/Ryan/Victoria/Cole quad. It still rings true watching this episode. Meh. But I love Tricia Cast and Heather Tom so  they act circles around the men.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I like 90s/early 00s Michelle Stafford compared to the performance we're getting now. The quasi Sheila that she was back then was fun material. 

Might be in the minority, but I enjoy early 90s Christine. I find her pairing with Paul bland though. I don't know who the best male character for her would be, but she was better with Danny. Paul imo had better chemistry with Lauren and Cassaundra. His secretary Lynn would have most likely been the best woman for him, but she's so nice and calm, there wouldn't be much material there storyline wise. 

Nick and Sharon were cool in the beginning but they've just been pulled apart so many times they've lost any interest as a supercouple. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I think Nikki eloped w/ Josh in the fall of 1996. From what I remember, Nikki thought she and Victor were getting back together but then Victor went to Kansas to see Hope and little Adam (I think this was when Cliff was killed) and so a disappointed Nikki turned to Josh.

I didn't like that quadrangle storyline. Scott Reeves and J. Eddie Peck were not prize catches to me.

I remember Fall 1996 through to the first half of 1997 as being a lull period. I was watching once or twice a week and keeping up online and through soap magazines.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

I thought Scott was cute in the early 90s, and he and Victoria were pretty much my first 'ship.  Feels like he aged quite a bit during the 5 years between the Masquerade episode and this one (from age 25 to 30).  I loved Victoria with Cole too.  The original Nina/Ryan/Victoria triangle was great, but this quad didn't work, and it got way worse when Shari Shattuck was added into the mix.