Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

Ugh. I still remember the breathless overhype over Billy and Chloe and the desperate attempts to push them. It made the subsequent backflips away from that pairing all the more amusing - pretty much the only entertaining thing in that storyline.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

https://www.soapcentral.com/yr/recaps/2009/090504.php 

Could it be Katherine & Murphy's wedding from May 4th? She's in the May 5th episode, but it doesn't look like anything special. This is meh, but still earlier than either B&B or GH have gone. You'd think that for Katherine if anyone, they'd have more older stuff. I still have some hope they might do more 80s and 90s stuff with MTS and EB, since they're the same actors playing the part, and Katherine's best scenes from the 70s and 80s are mostly with Brenda Dickson or characters no longer on the show (though there is no excuse for not using more late 80s/early 90s material). 

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

I believe Billy & Chloe were initially popular because they were the anti-Cane & Lily. MAB felt the need to “correct” Billy & Mac when she had the opportunity. However once the show began writing Chloe as the “victim” in her marriage and later on in the Chance/Chloe/Ronan/Heather quad from hell it was over for the character. 

• Members

lol same here. But then I thought about it and I'll take anything still from 2004 over the last 10 years.

THIS. Interesting it seems they're, as of now, skipping 1998-2003, right? Which would be Alden's tenure ... maybe I'm reading into it too much, lol

Edited by KMan101

• Webmaster

Honestly, I loved Chloe and Billy. They were a pair that I was rooting for. At this point, regardless of storyline, I'd take them back or even Chloe with Adam. Not a fan of Billy/Victoria. Never was.

• Members

Same. I hate Billy/Victoria. I liked Chloe and Billy as well. On paper it made sense. Esther's daughter and Jill's son together should be driving years and years of story. Sigh.

I think some people just don't or didn't care for Billy Miller so they don't understand the interest in the couple, I guess.

• Members

Doug Davidson: Bill [Bell, Y&R’s co-creator, head writer, and senior executive producer] was a master at building to a climax like the honeymoon and from there it would break off into three or four different stories. Characters would go onto different rivers of their own. There wasn’t really a let down after a climax. It was like going to a different altitude.

PRECISELY. That was the beauty of Y&R, when one story was crescendo-ing another was just revving up and another was barely off the ground. It was magic.

• Members

For other themed weeks, it's be good to see Lauren & Sheila week (which could also be shown on B&B), Nikki & Victor week, Drucilla week (would never happen), and psyco week (featuring Matt Clark, Tricia, Sheila, Sean, Suzanne Lynch etc...) 

Y&R remained uninterrupted here up until today. Hopefully this isn't a preview for tomorrow. State governors watching us look forward to the classics: 

New Conceited Face Meme Memes | Guy Memes, Reaction Memes, Black Memes

• Members

Miller was great on his first year on the show or so; once he was up for "intense contract negotiations" every fall he became an increasing lazy diva, at least on Y&R because his primetime gigs showed he could do much better. And the show catering to Heinle to fire David Tom? Notice she's never opened her mouth up since lol.