• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm too caught up in my shock and sadness over this news to express how much I always looked forward to seeing Roscoe Born one more time on my TV screen.  The fact that he never won an Emmy is proof that those awards are flat-out meaningless.

RIP, Mr. Born.  May God be with him, his daughter and the rest of his loved ones and colleagues.

• Members

What else can I say that hasn't already been said? In his career, he played heroes and villians, on both coasts and on all three networks. He played many roles on daytime and made them all his own. I know he also sang and wrote songs, but have never heard them. I will have to check his music out. All love and prayers to his daughter, fans and his many colleagues from the world of soaps!! RIP Mr. Born.

• Members

Roscoe Born only got one Emmy nomination - for Supporting Actor in 1990. He lost to his SB castmate, Henry Darrow (Rafael Castillo). 

I remember reading somewhere years ago that he wanted to appear on both B&B and GH, as those were the only surviving soaps that he hadn't been on. What a shame that wish will never come to pass.

• Members

I will always remember him best as Robert Barr/Quinn on Santa Barbara. Born took what could have been a cookie-cutter villain and made him a compelling anti-hero. And any character that could actually make the audience torn (regarding the triangle with Cruz and Eden) against the show's signature couple was remarkable.

He also sparked with Carrington Garland's Kelly. (If the show were smart, they should have kept CG and begged Born to return to absorb the end of Cruz and Eden.)

May Mr. Born RIP. And condolences to his child with ex-wife Roberta Bizeau (Flame on SB) and to Ms. Bizeau, as well, assuming they were still friendly/cordial.

Edited by Wendy

• Members

Roscoe Born's soap role courtesy of Slick Jones

ROSCOE BORN

RYAN'S HOPE         Joseph "Joe" Novak               1981-83; 1988

THE DOCTORS         ____McCormick    (Brother of Kit)  hired for 1983 but TD was cancelled before he could start.   Thanks @amybrickwallace for that info

PAPER DOLLS         Mark Bailey      1984

ONE LIFE TO LIVE   Reverend <cough> Mitch Lawrence   1985-87; 2002-03; 2009-10; 2012

SANTA BARBARA   Robert Barr     1989-1991

Quinn Armitage   1990-91

FAMILY PASSIONS (FOREIGN)   Kyle McDeere       1993

THE CITY    Nick Rivers         1995-97

ALL MY CHILDREN     Jim Thomasen      1997

AS THE WORLD TURNS    Greg Lauritz        1999

Detective Adamski   2001

DAYS OF OUR LIVES     Baron Coe                 2001

GUIDING LIGHT       Peter Vreeland               2001
THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS   "Terrible" Tom Fisher   2005-06; 2009 
PASSIONS                Warden                  2007                                                                          

DAYS OF OUR LIVES         Dean Trent Robbins          2008

• Members

So much of the reporting on Roscoe’s career is just poorly researched (THR/Variety). Especially how they downplay his role as Mitch. Variety says “he went on to play Mitch Laurence from 2009 to 2012” without mentioning he originated the role almost 25 years prior.

• Members

This is how I knew him too. His charisma leapt off the screen. It's funny how he could play both villains and heroes equally powerfully -- as Robert Barr, he seemed to smoulder with lovelorn soulfulness. I thought he was the sexiest man I had ever seen! As Mitch on OLTL his menace filled the entire screen. He was hypnotic. 

For someone as vibrant, loved and respected as Roscoe Born, I feel like 69 is too young to pass away. He could have returned to a soap as a new character and won over a new set of fans, you know? The potential was limitless.